+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signings?

Exactly that, let him go and his wages can be used to fund players that want to be here

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    My thoughts exactly. More than useful...far from irreplaceable, but I thought we’d extended his contract for a further year anyway.
    Change in ownership, entitles him to cancel his contract.
    The compo, is because of his age as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Change in ownership, entitles him to cancel his contract.
    The compo, is because of his age as a result.
    So every time a club is taken over contracts are null and void? Sounds a bit iffy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    So every time a club is taken over contracts are null and void? Sounds a bit iffy to me.
    Understatement, Sith.
    Extending Buchanan’s contract was one of the few good things done by Quantuma, imo. Seeing as the one thing we always knew was that the ownership was going to change it would surely have been pointless.
    As far as I understand it...Buchanan has a contract with us until the end of 22/23...if he wants to go, and I don’t believe he does, then let him...but it won’t be for £400k.

Imagine if every time a club changed hands all contracts became invalid. Makes absolutely no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Understatement, Sith.
    Extending Buchanan’s contract was one of the few good things done by Quantuma, imo. Seeing as the one thing we always knew was that the ownership was going to change it would surely have been pointless.
    As far as I understand it...Buchanan has a contract with us until the end of 22/23...if he wants to go, and I don’t believe he does, then let him...but it won’t be for £400k.

Imagine if every time a club changed hands all contracts became invalid. Makes absolutely no sense at all.
    Agree, especially as the value of the playing squad will often impact the price. What would the point of chelsea changing hands for as much as they did if all players could just choose to up and go.

It was reported in the DL a month back that Derby had taken up the option of a one year extension and that there is a provision in the regs for clubs under embargo to still sign players if stipulated in their current deal, his representatives however claim that the existing contract becomes null and void with a change of ownership. I guess trying to apply TUPE regs here doesn't really work because you either stay on your existing contract which in this case has been extended by the club

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Trustworthy source for this TTR?
    As I understand it explained to me. Because his contract had run out on the 30th. The extension has to be agreed under new ownership.
    Buchannan has declined to do so after legal advice. Rumours are he's off to Germany.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...98740153493799
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 03-07-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Derby took up the option mid May though I thought

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Derby took up the option mid May though I thought
    They did, but according to the way it was explained to me. It has to be an agreement due to there being new owners?
    Apparently he sought legal advice and has been told that he can cancel it?
    Supposed to be perfectly legal as well to do so in any employment. (not my area though)

I could be wrong about the 400k as well, he may walk for free.

There is plenty on here, that deal with legal contracts more than me. Perhaps they should ask themselves?

Could be true and makes it open season in future for any players looking to get a move when any club is sold in future.

Good riddance if that is his and his agents attitude.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)