+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signings?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Mm that sounds very iffy, an employment contract is with the club/business irrespective of ownership so can't see the cancellation being valid.

I reckon his agent may be trying to pull one here to increase his earnings. We shall see, but not a good look from the player if its true Morrison has gone, won't resign which I'm a bit surprised about, but maybe wages required too high? Rumours that Knight is wanted by Burnley.
    ...and Lawrence being wooed by the Blades. Of the three...considering we’ll be in L1...I’d prefer to keep Knight...shows his commitment week in, week out.

Carl Rushworth...21 year old keeper from Brighton signed on loan. Preferred us to Portsmouth apparently.

It seems that the "confusion" with regard to Lee B is down to the option rather than the "original" contract. I get the idea that DCFC has realised LBs lawyers are right and that is why they haven't tried to stop the transfer going ahead.

Werder has announced it's a free while DCFC is adamant they require compensation. It looks like any action on our part will have to be via FIFA not UEFA.

Yet another fine mess .....

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    It seems that the "confusion" with regard to Lee B is down to the option rather than the "original" contract. I get the idea that DCFC has realised LBs lawyers are right and that is why they haven't tried to stop the transfer going ahead.

Werder has announced it's a free while DCFC is adamant they require compensation. It looks like any action on our part will have to be via FIFA not UEFA.

So my original inputs were correct then, despite the scoffs from some?

Its another victory for agents and their dubious ways. Im sure for fans of other clubs its a source of amusement but for me any victory by agents who find loopholes is bad news for all clubs, because it doesnt just affect Derby County, at some point it will come back and bite other clubs.

Your sources were correct for once, yes. Some vague, little known point of contract Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    So my original inputs were correct then, despite the scoffs from some?
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day tricky, I’m not sure your desperate soothe saying is in tune with the mood of the board at present

Your sources were correct for once, yes. Some vague, little known point of contract Law.
    I did say I didn't know, but it was what I was told.
    That's why I asked the contract men on here to comment.
    But it isn't a victory for agents, if it is contract law of the land then is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day tricky, I’m not sure your desperate soothe saying is in tune with the mood of the board at present
    Andy, it was something that applied to everyone,
    The clarity needed confirming

Ever since Bosman, contracts have become a mine field in football.
    I rather preferred the old system, when even if a contract ran out. A panel agreed a compensation fee.
    After all, the business had invested a lot of time and money into the product.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)