+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signings?

So whenever a club is sold to a new owner then every player can tear their contracts up, this will affect every club now at any point in the fiture

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    So whenever a club is sold to a new owner then every player can tear their contracts up, this will affect every club now at any point in the fiture
    don't think that is what was said Stenson.
    I think it was about the extension, had to have a duel agreement.
    Buchannan on legal advice decided not to accept it.
    Every other contract was an automatic transfer (apparently)

As I said earlier derby took up the option mid May, it wasn't a two way thing it was only derby that had the option and we automatically extended his contract and this was well before the ownership change, its only now since the takeover LB and his reps are applying TUPE laws because of the change in ownership and not because we took up OUR option and he didn't want to stay

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    As I said earlier derby took up the option mid May, it wasn't a two way thing it was only derby that had the option and we automatically extended his contract and this was well before the ownership change, its only now since the takeover LB and his reps are applying TUPE laws because of the change in ownership and not because we took up OUR option and he didn't want to stay
    No idea mate

Must be something in it, as its been announced as a free transfer?
    The legals will have to explain it

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    So my original inputs were correct then, despite the scoffs from some?
    Well done Tricky. Congratulations. That’s you and DCFCA who’ve both done a fine impression of Andy’s ‘broken clock’ in the last fortnight.
    You must feel very proud.
    Does it ever dawn on you that not one of us on OUR forum would have the same knowledge of Forest contracts as you do of little old Derby’s...because we’re not interested?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Well done Tricky. Congratulations. That’s you and DCFCA who’ve both done a fine impression of Andy’s ‘broken clock’ in the last fortnight.
    You must feel very proud.
    Does it ever dawn on you that not one of us on OUR forum would have the same knowledge of Forest contracts as you do of little old Derby’s...because we’re not interested?
    Well thanks for that little tantrum RA. Feel better?
    Its a contract thing and in football applies to everyone.
    Your denial to it, didn't make it any more acceptable except in your own head.
    I said, it was what "I had been told".
    You chose, to not believe it and that is everything about your fragile mentality at the moment.
    You are offended about everything, that doesn't make you feel good.
    The topic was valid for comment, as Buchannan was on the retained list provided.

Just to help you-

Excluding Academy scholars we also have...
    Bardell
    Bielik
    Bird
    Buchanan
    Byrne
    Clarke
    Cybulski
    Duncan
    Grewal-Pollard
    Ibrahim
    Knight
    Roberts
    Sibley
    Solomon
    Stretton

Nearly forgot Fozzy. Will he re-sign?
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 05-07-2022 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Well thanks for that little tantrum RA. Feel better?
    Its a contract thing and in football applies to everyone.
    Your denial to it, didn't make it any more acceptable except in your own head.
    I said, it was what "I had been told".
    You chose, to not believe it and that is everything about your fragile mentality at the moment.
    You are offended about everything, that doesn't make you feel good.
    The topic was valid for comment, as Buchannan was on the retained list provided.

Just to help you-

Excluding Academy scholars we also have...
    Bardell
    Bielik
    Bird
    Buchanan
    Byrne
    Clarke
    Cybulski
    Duncan
    Grewal-Pollard
    Ibrahim
    Knight
    Roberts
    Sibley
    Solomon
    Stretton

Nearly forgot Fozzy. Will he re-sign?
    Ahhh! Back to normal...i.e. being wrong...Tricky. No tantrum...I’m sorry if it came across, to you, that way. Just ongoing mystification.

You don’t seem to get it. You’re a Forest fan...one of the big boys...dining at the top table and all that. We’re two whole tiers below you...trying to rebuild our club from a time of ruinous ownership and yet...while Forest aren’t mentioned on here, you seem obsessed with Derby. Why?

No-one to play with on his own patch.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    It seems that the "confusion" with regard to Lee B is down to the option rather than the "original" contract. I get the idea that DCFC has realised LBs lawyers are right and that is why they haven't tried to stop the transfer going ahead.

Werder has announced it's a free while DCFC is adamant they require compensation. It looks like any action on our part will have to be via FIFA not UEFA.

Yet another fine mess .....
    Maybe, or LB has gone ahead anyway with his lawyers claiming there is no contract and Derby not able to contest in time? Now its down to FIFA apparently as international transfer.

I have a feeling he will fade into obscurity there, but time will tell. No loss for me, apart from the fee we may get. As for selling him in Jan, we needed players then even though in the end it made no odds.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Maybe, or LB has gone ahead anyway with his lawyers claiming there is no contract and Derby not able to contest in time? Now its down to FIFA apparently as international transfer.

I have a feeling he will fade into obscurity there, but time will tell. No loss for me, apart from the fee we may get. As for selling him in Jan, we needed players then even though in the end it made no odds.
    Suspect that had we sold in Jan. the money would have just fallen into a ‘black hole’ anyway, but is this more evidence suggestive of Quantuma’s alleged inadequacy?

They seem, to my layman’s understanding, to have all the power but none of the responsibility.
    This seems to have been the case first with Kirchner and the Stretford money...and now with Buchanan.
    In both cases they were in charge and are alleged financial experts. In the first instance it appears they may have been conned by CK...costing the club a great deal of very valuable time.
    In the second one has to wonder what the point of LB’s contract ‘extension’ was when his lawyers/advisors appear able to simply ignore it six months later.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)