+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Signings?

Tweet
    See new Tweets
    Conversation
    SV Werder Bremen EN
    @werderbremen_en
    ℹ️ #Werder have reached an agreement in principle for the signing of Lee Buchanan. The full-back will join the training camp in Zillertal today. He still needs to undergo medical checks before any deal can be completed.
    11:37 AM · Jul 3, 2022·TweetDeck
    Retweets
    Quote Tweets
    Like I said before if he wants to go let him regardless. Having cashin and Thompson sign new contracts is a bigger win for us than if he had stayed. Both show big potential, Buchanan is bang average and less of a loss than either of those would be.

Good riddance hes shyte anyway

But Im loving how us signing a load of free agents and youth contracts has really rubbed Bristol City fans up the wrong way theyre absolutely seething about it.. same with the ltlf mugs calling us out for not learning our lesson

Can someone tell em theyre free agents and youth players just signing 1st team contracts ffs hahaha

The sheer lunacy of them is bonkers as they spend 100m in the premiership, its tragic theyre that obessed by us now even when its us in the 3rd tier... even fester fans arent that ridiculous

Sheff Weds are our rivals now so it makes sense them lot taking the pi33 or getting a bit ar3ey about us

Even the shed of Wycombe... but a premiership clubs fans?

Get baiting Fulham and Bournemouth lads, and maybe City and Pool as well

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Like I said before if he wants to go let him regardless. Having cashin and Thompson sign new contracts is a bigger win for us than if he had stayed. Both show big potential, Buchanan is bang average and less of a loss than either of those would be.
    Agreed. It’s disappointing but as has been said, he’s not remotely irreplaceable. Even more disappointed that it seems to be Marco Gabbiadini’s company who have set this up!!!

Might make a Fozzy extension more likely...so be it...he may be about 15 years older but he seems clearly more committed.

In the meantime...DT suggests we’re linked with McGoldrick. Got a bit left in him at 34. Thoughts?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 03-07-2022 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Agreed. It’s disappointing but as has been said, he’s not remotely irreplaceable. Even more disappointed that it seems to be Marco Gabbiadini’s company who have set this up!!!

Might make a Fozzy extension more likely...so be it...he may be about 15 years older but he seems clearly more committed.

In the meantime...DT suggests we’re linked with McGoldrick. Got a bit left in him at 34. Thoughts?
    Good fit for that division.
    Get him, he will score and not be bothered by the rough stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    They did, but according to the way it was explained to me. It has to be an agreement due to there being new owners?
    Apparently he sought legal advice and has been told that he can cancel it?
    Supposed to be perfectly legal as well to do so in any employment. (not my area though)

I could be wrong about the 400k as well, he may walk for free.

There is plenty on here, that deal with legal contracts more than me. Perhaps they should ask themselves?
    Came through the Academy so we'll at least get some level of compensation. If the clubs can't agree then UEFA will decide how much.....

I hope we resign Fozzy, Buchanan made me nervous most of the time

McGoldrick. Not a player that has ever impressed me. If he signs he'll get my support but he doesn't fit the 15 to 20 goals a season profile of the man we need.

Same goes for Barkhuizen and CKR (should he re-sign). Stretton could be good for 10-12 but, again, that's short of what is required.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    It was reported in the DL a month back that Derby had taken up the option of a one year extension and that there is a provision in the regs for clubs under embargo to still sign players if stipulated in their current deal, his representatives however claim that the existing contract becomes null and void with a change of ownership. I guess trying to apply TUPE regs here doesn't really work because you either stay on your existing contract which in this case has been extended by the club
    Mm that sounds very iffy, an employment contract is with the club/business irrespective of ownership so can't see the cancellation being valid.

I reckon his agent may be trying to pull one here to increase his earnings. We shall see, but not a good look from the player if its true Morrison has gone, won't resign which I'm a bit surprised about, but maybe wages required too high? Rumours that Knight is wanted by Burnley.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)