+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: May day on grove street !

After they sell styles and helicthen they'll have a couple of bob for a few wow signings 🤞🤞

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I know perfectly well what the model is Nudge and it produces just as many winners as it does losers .

James Cryne doesn't know more about football than Michael Duff and he never will .
    James Cryne probably doesn't know as much as Michael Duff about individual footballers - but the recruitment statistics at the club will definitely know more.
    Hence the reason for employing such a scheme.

Plus of course the analytical system maintains continuity - there isn’t a wholesale change in players as one manager leaves and another is brought in.
    Which used to happen - a new team having to be built when a new manager was appointed.
    Often the baby being thrown out with the bath water.

All the head coaches appointed by Barnsley will know when they sign their contract that they will not be responsible for recruitment - and will not be allowed to bring their own players in.
    The only time I can think of when the club bent those rules was for Struber - as at the time the club was in a dire position
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 02-07-2022 at 03:08 PM.

We are in a bit of a dire position now or are we not !

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Relegated, bottom of league with 30 points, with consequent large fall in income

All club's financial reserves spent by previous owner

Must sell to provide funds to buy

Owners having to put in £1 million to see club's cash flow solvent through close season

It certainly approaches the definition of "dire"

I’d say we are coming in to one of the brightest eras of Barnsley Football Clubs history.

As long as I can remember we have had owners that loved the club - but just didn’t have the funds to build on any modicum of success.
    We now have the best directors EVER.
    Not only directors that love the club - but backed up with money if need be.
    BTW - I originally thought this about Chien Lee et al - until it was discovered that wasn’t the case.
    But now it is - the Cryne family have had 4 years working with the directors - they have been able to separate the wheat from the chaff - this time it’s got the Cryne family approval stamped on it.

Exciting times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I’ve not seen any news of signing May.
    He looks decent on YouTube - a goal scoring midfielder(?) - which we haven’t got.

But IMO - if we move out …
    Victor
    Moon - on loan
    Obbi
    Leya - maybe

Then add an older midfield general and two big target strikers then what we have now will do.
    If any others leave - which we know is going to happen - then a replacement has to be brought in for each one that leaves.

And we cannot stray away from the recruitment strategy - we don’t want another summer like last summer e.g. Obbi.

Barnsley Chronicle.

MICHAEL Duff says Barnsley’s players are ‘not in control’ of their futures as they look to keep the majority of their squad together for the season that starts this month.

- Head coach says ‘it’s not a revolving door’ at Oakwell

- ‘Good money’ for Woodrow, Cheltenham’s May price questioned

- Adeboyejo and Palmer contracts officially expire today.

So there is a link.

James Cryne probably doesn't know as much as Michael Duff about individual footballers - but the recruitment statistics at the club will definitely know more.
    Hence the reason for employing such a scheme.

Plus of course the analytical system maintains continuity - there isn’t a wholesale change in players as one manager leaves and another is brought in.
    Which used to happen - a new team having to be built when a new manager was appointed.
    Often the baby being thrown out with the bath water.

All the head coaches appointed by Barnsley will know when they sign their contract that they will not be responsible for recruitment - and will not be allowed to bring their own players in.
    The only time I can think of when the club bent those rules was for Struber - as at the time the club was in a dire position
    Maintains continuity ?

The lifespan of a Barnsley HC is about 9 months .

From the " Greatest Transfer Window In The Clubs History " only Andersen , Thomas and Oduor remain , two of whom haven't really made their mark .

When these players fail which the majority do how come it's not James Cryne who gets the sack but the HC ? .

Your trying to sell utter failure as success Nudge , we are financially in the shyte , relegated back to league one , a disconnection still exists within the fan base and Nudge wants to carry on with the same model .

The definition of madness is to keep making the same mistakes and hope for a different outcome .

I’d say we are coming in to one of the brightest eras of Barnsley Football Clubs history.

As long as I can remember we have had owners that loved the club - but just didn’t have the funds to build on any modicum of success.
    We now have the best directors EVER.
    Not only directors that love the club - but backed up with money if need be.
    BTW - I originally thought this about Chien Lee et al - until it was discovered that wasn’t the case.
    But now it is - the Cryne family have had 4 years working with the directors - they have been able to separate the wheat from the chaff - this time it’s got the Cryne family approval stamped on it.

Exciting times ahead.
    For weeks to go and we are no where near to balancing the books.

What’s happened in recruitment during the last 4 years will not be happening again.

James Cryne developed a system for recruitment and it was starting to yield good rewards.
    Then stepped in PMG - and listening to what Jean has said at the press conference - things didn’t go as what was expected.

Things are back on track now.
    There may not be instant success - there will be player signings that don’t work out - but things will start moving in the right direction.

For weeks to go and we are no where near to balancing the books.
    Thing is Poggy you can only balance the books if some players are sold but hey what if there are no buyers ? A player is only worth what someone is willing to pay & I hope the club do not accept pitiful bids just to get a few bob in, we must try & get market value for our players & if that means saying no then so be it & it will take longer to balance the books but that is better than giving the players away .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast