+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. We have a rough idea of probably 7 or 8 of the starters for next season and as Offord has been named captain we can assume he is going to be in. Long will also be a starter as will, in all probability, Williams and McDonald. The two new midfield guys as well so last nights team that lost to Macc is a million miles away from the team we will see on July 30th
    Agree that the team last night was a million miles from our best starting 11, but maybe a bit of a simplistic thought. Don't forget last season we played nigh on 40 different players. We need more experienced players through the door or we will be asking a few who played last night to step up to the plate but not all at once hopefully.

Yeah, the clue was this was announced as a Crewe Alex XI: Booth, Kempster-Down, Sass-Davies, O’Riordan, Billington, Trialist A, Trialist B, Trialist C, Trialist D, Lunt & Holicek

Definitely not the team for a league game! I guess people like Thomas and Colkett should play tonight. First half team at Nantwich plus Offord and the injured players will be a lot closer to the mark

Hope young Woodcock is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Agree that the team last night was a million miles from our best starting 11, but maybe a bit of a simplistic thought. Don't forget last season we played nigh on 40 different players. We need more experienced players through the door or we will be asking a few who played last night to step up to the plate but not all at once hopefully.
    There will doubtless be one or two more coming in but not a great lot. We don't have the budget to bring in competition for every position. That will come form the Academy as has almost always been the case. We need a goal keeper and preferably one better than the current holder of the shirt and possibly another goal scoring forward type player.

Reality check for all the youngsters that they are way off forcing themselves into the first team. Game was poor and remember Macclesfield also essentially a young team with numerous triallists. The game was poor, typical of last years playing style with a lot of possession and NO shots, NO chances and ultimately end product.
    The triallists didn't really impress enough to force there way into the squad, defense very suspect however thought Lunt did more than OK. Best player on the pitch in my view was there No. 11 Berry.

Nasty accident for Woodcock, hopefully he is not badly hurt.

Has anybody out there found any info. on tonight's game at Kidsgrove. Tickets, prices, etc. All I can find from either club is a tweet emphasising a 7.30 kick off.

No doubt you know by now, but looks like just pay on the gate, whatever they ask tonight!

Anybody there? If so, can you tell us how it was?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Looking at the lineups, I can see only B Sass Davies as a regular starter, and O Riordan as a back up player. Can’t see anyone else that Morris thinks would be part of the first team. But, never let the truth get in the way of a good rant.

Just to correct you I am merely quoting Alex Morris who said on the OS we will need everybody during the long season so from that you would infer that the 9 first year pros that are included in the first team are covered by this quote and quite a few of them appeared in the game.

Anyone there last night? How did the trialist RB look?

Is that the same triallist RB as at Nantwich?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast