+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Pre-season

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    All these injuries are making me nervous. Looking like a repeat of last year. We are extremely thin on the ground with one week to go and this match not finished yet.
    Murphy absent, injured or going somewhere else, I wonder if he is on trial somewhere today?
    If you'd attended the game, you would have noticed Murph come on as a sub in the 75th minute!!
    Only Long injured for the first game, everyone else fit

Zak and Rio? Definitely need one of those back so that Uwakwe can be better utilised in midfield.

..and Salisbury is injured. I'll probably think of another in a minute!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Zak and Rio? Definitely need one of those back so that Uwakwe can be better utilised in midfield.

I think even if they were fit we are still short at the back I think it is our weak link with all of our CB having questions to answer. And don’t get me started with the GK Richards is poor if we can’t get better in we are in deep trouble. I think as a whole the entire defensive unit is not great with the exception of Mellor, can’t comment on Zak has he has not played for a while but was not massively excited by him last season I hope I am proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    ..and Salisbury is injured. I'll probably think of another in a minute!
    Finney (Junior) is also injured...

None of whom, with the exception of Zac, would be anywhere near the first team yet.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    If you'd attended the game, you would have noticed Murph come on as a sub in the 75th minute!!
    Only Long injured for the first game, everyone else fit
    No I did not attend the game today, not a crime, for personal reasons. I was quoting off the official teamsheet where there was no mention of any trialists. If you noticed I posted pre game!!
    I hope that you are correct that Long is the only injured player, not forgetting Adebesi and Williams. Baker-Richardson must only have a slight knock I presume? Also very close to the new season with only one recognised senior goalkeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    None of whom, with the exception of Zac, would be anywhere near the first team yet.
    I would think Rio was near the first team. Also I would hope that Finney junior is nearer the first team than his elder brother😀.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I think even if they were fit we are still short at the back I think it is our weak link with all of our CB having questions to answer. And don’t get me started with the GK Richards is poor if we can’t get better in we are in deep trouble. I think as a whole the entire defensive unit is not great with the exception of Mellor, can’t comment on Zak has he has not played for a while but was not massively excited by him last season I hope I am proven wrong.
    I don't know what Zak did wrong last season especially in such a poor team. However, he is inexperienced compared to others so has room for improvement, just like Rob Jones, Danny Murphy and Dean Ashton did when they broke into the first team.
    Rio is also potentially well able for this level. I must admit that I am not totally convinced by BSD but Mcdonald could be a useful signing. I had thought Richards had turned a corner once he'd replaced Jaskelainen as number 1. However, he looked back to his old self, at times, on Saturday. But maybe I shouldn't assume that that game was indicative and give him a chance. Nevertheless, I 'd feel more comfortable if there was an alternative available.
    We mustn't forget defence depends not only on the back line but relies heavily on people in front holding the ball better for longer.
    We'll get an idea next weekend!
    COYR

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112