+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Birmingham in the S H 1 T ?

Birmingham in the S H 1 T ?

Reported on Talk Sport that Bowyer has been sacked and they've only 12 professionals left on their books (plus kids). Still waiting on a takeover

As I mentioned on the 'trust the plan' thread the other day, they are an absolute shambles right now. Same with Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    As I mentioned on the 'trust the plan' thread the other day, they are an absolute shambles right now. Same with Reading.
    Sorry hadn't read it

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Sorry hadn't read it
    Wasn't a dig mate, just basically agreeing with you and repeating what I said the other day. Bowyer obviously wasn't sacked then either.

Wasn't a dig mate, just basically agreeing with you and repeating what I said the other day. Bowyer obviously wasn't sacked then either.
    Says he was on BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Says he was on BBC.
    He was sacked today wasn't he? Oh I don't know. Either way, they are a mess and definitely a team we should realistically aim to finish above. Then again they may get taken over and spend a load.

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Reported on Talk Sport that Bowyer has been sacked and they've only 12 professionals left on their books (plus kids). Still waiting on a takeover
    I was looking at the Birmingham City situation last season BramleyMiller, but I wasn't going into another saga,
    enough with the Derby County saga.

He was sacked today wasn't he? Oh I don't know. Either way, they are a mess and definitely a team we should realistically aim to finish above. Then again they may get taken over and spend a load.
    MT, it’s official pal.

Courtesy of the BBC Website. Can’t copy the whole thing off my phone.

Birmingham City have sacked head coach Lee Bowyer after 16 months in charge at St Andrew's.

Blues finished 20th in the Championship table last season, having won just four times in 26 league games after the end of November.

They would have finished lower but for relegated Derby's 21-point deduction.

"The board of directors believe this to be the necessary course of action and have acted swiftly ahead of the 2022-23 campaign," read a Blues statement.

"A replacement head coach and support staff will be confirmed in due course."

Goalkeeping coach Andy Marshall has also left the club.
    Last edited by Brin; 02-07-2022 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    MT, it’s official pal.

Birmingham City have sacked head coach Lee Bowyer after 16 months in charge at St Andrew's.

Blues finished 20th in the Championship table last season, having won just four times in 26 league games after the end of November.

"The board of directors believe this to be the necessary course of action and have acted swiftly ahead of the 2022-23 campaign," read a Blues statement.

Andy Marshall must have heard someone had shot the Sheriff, then Birmingham got shot of the Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    MT, it’s official pal.

Courtesy of the BBC Website. Can’t copy the whole thing off my phone.

I'm confused haha. I replied that they are a mess and that when I said this the other day Bowyer wasn't sacked at that stage but then Shark said he was according to BBC. But he was sacked today? I'm confused. Whenever he was sacked, they are in the mud.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast