+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mic’d up training

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Sir Alex Ferguson got the balance right. He was your mate when you won!
    Exactly it's all about the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Watching that video seemed to be info overload to the players.
    I agree. Not being bitter I just think he makes it too complicated and slow plus maybe confusing for players lower down the ladder.

I think that if they stay with Notts, Ruben, Cal, Vinny & Francis will shine like beacons next season under LW and frighten the rest of the NL to death and then the next season (after automatic promotion) we play FGR at their place and play them off the park! (Thats my dream for what its worth)
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 03-07-2022 at 07:05 PM.

Interesting that a lot of fans wanted Williamson and obviously in his first couple of seasons he’s had a promotion. But LW has way over 10 years coaching at a very decent level, I’m not getting over excited but he seems to have something about him as does his assistant.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    I think that if they stay with Notts, Ruben, Cal, Vinny & Francis will shine like beacons next season under LW and frighten the rest of the NL to death and then the next season (after automatic promotion) we play FGR at their place and play them off the park! (Thats my dream for what its worth)
    I'm hoping keeping them both was a stipulation of LW joining as coach.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Good to see the assistant getting involved. I like the sound of LW, sounds like a proper boss rather than a mate.

On the other hand IB is a little tame on his first training with FGR. Plenty of talk about players he was up against in Scandinavia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvgu...estGreenRovers
    Crikey! IB would put a glass eye to sleep. Sounds so enthusiastic

Do you think we wil get more or less NCM updates on IB than we did NA after each departed?

I'm going to stick my neck and suggest we will get more.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Do you think we wil get more or less NCM updates on IB than we did NA after each departed?

I'm going to stick my neck and suggest we will get more.
    Depends laddo actually.

He is not in the same division so comparisons are not as easy. If he does well then yeah there will be updates from the "told you he was the next Manchester United manager" brigade. If he does not do well then we will get updates from the "we dodged a bullet there" brigade.

But on balance I think Forest Green will probably have enough in the tank to stay up and we won't hear a lot. He was personality wise an extremely non descript manager less so than Ardley was who had a lot more rapport with the fan base at least based on what I see online.

Best of luck to him but who cares really.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Crikey! IB would put a glass eye to sleep. Sounds so enthusiastic
    I haven't got a glass eye Bob, but I'm glad they have got him... I really think at some point he will end up back in Scandinavia...Telling them stories about his days in the EFL and how he saves FGR from relegation, and how he took Notts to the play offs..

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post
    Only videos but it's chalk and cheese between LW and IB. IB so monotone and flat where as LW is enthusiastic and knows what he wants and seems to be setting high standards early on.
    I really like what I’ve seen from LW. It might only be a small clip or sample but he has that energy, enthusiasm and motivational aspect to his style. There seems to be a winner there.

He seems to be likeable as well and you’ve got to have a leader who the players will want to run through a brick wall for.

IB was very calm, controlled, measured and technical and we saw those aspects in the way his team played. Trusting the system and style to deliver.

With LW the technical aspects will be seen in time but if he can install some hunger, desire, motivation and ruthlessness in the side that could well be the extra ingredient needed for success.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast