+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Maybe because in a years time he can do a Smith

A decent deal now might be a good option

Having seen what the terrible twosome did he would be fancying doing the same.
    If we’d sold Smith last summer we’d have got some money for him but we gambled on him helping to get us up instead, which paid off.

Do we take a couple of million for Ogbene or gamble on him helping to keep us up? I know what I’d rather us do.

Whilst in principal not selling to get us up is ok,but in the long term it’s a short cut to poor house and can’t be done with every player worth anything.,and players will see this and start not signing contracts with options included so it hamstrings us further at the negotiating table.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Chioe to Huddersfield, Edmunds Green back here permanent signing with bout £2 million to us. Edmunds Green can play right of the defence could cover at right wing back.
    Just out of very thinly veiled interest how much does make chieo worth in your one eyed world..?.

Chioe to me is an out & out right winger can play left wing. He's not a championship wing back or I can't see him getting enough goals up front for us. Not saying with better players he could get his share of goals.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Chioe to me is an out & out right winger can play left wing. He's not a championship wing back or I can't see him getting enough goals up front for us. Not saying with better players he could get his share of goals.

Edit couldn't get his share of goals.

I'm probably in the minority here but I don't understand why people are so fulsome in their assessment of Chieo. He's quick but then what?
    His crossing is usually awful and his finishing is very hit and miss (mainly miss).
    I'm fortunate enough to have seen the likes of Barry Lyons and Tony Towner on the right flank for us and Chieo couldn't lace their boots.
    He seems like a great guy who's earned a bit of limelight playing for Ireland but if someone offered a few million for him I'd snatch their hand off and spend some of it on a proven striker.

Good deal but obviously hypothetical so.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I'm probably in the minority here but I don't understand why people are so fulsome in their assessment of Chieo. He's quick but then what?
    His crossing is usually awful and his finishing is very hit and miss (mainly miss).
    I'm fortunate enough to have seen the likes of Barry Lyons and Tony Towner on the right flank for us and Chieo couldn't lace their boots.
    He seems like a great guy who's earned a bit of limelight playing for Ireland but if someone offered a few million for him I'd snatch their hand off and spend some of it on a proven striker.

Barry Lyons my 1st hero watching millers. Great right winger with a few goals in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    If we’d sold Smith last summer we’d have got some money for him but we gambled on him helping to get us up instead, which paid off.

Do we take a couple of million for Ogbene or gamble on him helping to keep us up? I know what I’d rather us do.
    Depends what you do with the 2 million

Two half decent 1 million signings maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Depends what you do with the 2 million

Two half decent 1 million signings maybe?
    Possibly. But I doubt we’d sign one player for a million, never mind two. I doubt you think we’d really do that either.

I just think he’s probably worth more to our team than the fee we’d be able to get for him, same as with Smith last summer. Just my opinion anyway.

It’s all irrelevant anyway as the scenario and fee is just something gru invented! 😆
    Last edited by Masbroughstreet; 03-07-2022 at 02:10 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast