+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The hits just keep coming!!!!

The hits just keep coming!!!!

I don't know why I am posting this but I think I just need to let it out.
    The last couple of months have been unbelievable for bad luck, stress and potential disaster that I dread the bloody phone going now.
    A few weeks ago our son-in-law came off his bike and broke his wrist, damaged his ribs and got numerous lacerations but fortunately nothing worse. But it meant an operation and he could not drive to get to work etc. Then a week later our 18 year old grandson who had passed his driving test a few weeks earlier took possession of his first car which we provided the money for. He promptly turned the car over after losing control and ended up upside down but managed to crawl out the passenger window with only a bruised knee to worry about. Our daughter ended up at our house 2 o'clock in the morning, hysterical with our grandson and I ended up going out to the write off to help the son-in-law (with the damaged wrist) arrange to get the wreck towed back home which took us up to 4am. My wife and I felt guilty because we had enabled him to get the car but tried to just be glad that he was not lying dead. Two weeks ago we got a call to say one of our grandaughters who is bi-polar had tried to overdose and had been admitted to a mental facility for treatment. And finally (I hope) another grandaughter rang us on Friday to give us the news that her partner had been murdered while in Blackpool with his family. On top or all this I ended up renewing my season ticket. I cannot take much more stress.

Sorry you are having a rough time Joy.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Sorry you are having a rough time Joy.
    Cheers kidda. I tried to lighten it up at the end but it really has been a cluster f*ck recently

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    I don't know why I am posting this but I think I just need to let it out.
    The last couple of months have been unbelievable for bad luck, stress and potential disaster that I dread the bloody phone going now.
    A few weeks ago our son-in-law came off his bike and broke his wrist, damaged his ribs and got numerous lacerations but fortunately nothing worse. But it meant an operation and he could not drive to get to work etc. Then a week later our 18 year old grandson who had passed his driving test a few weeks earlier took possession of his first car which we provided the money for. He promptly turned the car over after losing control and ended up upside down but managed to crawl out the passenger window with only a bruised knee to worry about. Our daughter ended up at our house 2 o'clock in the morning, hysterical with our grandson and I ended up going out to the write off to help the son-in-law (with the damaged wrist) arrange to get the wreck towed back home which took us up to 4am. My wife and I felt guilty because we had enabled him to get the car but tried to just be glad that he was not lying dead. Two weeks ago we got a call to say one of our grandaughters who is bi-polar had tried to overdose and had been admitted to a mental facility for treatment. And finally (I hope) another grandaughter rang us on Friday to give us the news that her partner had been murdered while in Blackpool with his family. On top or all this I ended up renewing my season ticket. I cannot take much more stress.
    This too shall pass.......
    Hang in through all the trials and tribulations of life.........most of the above was outside your control...so stress less about it..especially the car buying....You can not account for others...only yourself....and only yourself....
    The season ticket is the only thing you actually had input into......that was your choice....

What a ghastly series of events JD you sure are being tested at the mo. I sincerely hope all comes good for you soon

[QUOTE=phild;40069567]What a ghastly series of events JD you sure are being tested at the mo. I sincerely hope all comes good for you soon[/QUOTE
    It’s a real rough time for you and your Family but things will get better. Hang on in there buddy. Sending you my best wishes .

Thanks all for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    Thanks all for the kind words.

Get yourself and the mrs away for a weekend to think your own thoughts. Things will get better so best wishes!

Wishing you and all family the best wishes.
    You needed to share what was happening, worse thing you can do is bottle it up.
    The forum was a great help to me when our James had his accident.

So sorry you have had such a rough time lately. My own son was lucky enough to escape recently with bruises and lacerations when a drugged up driver crossed the reservation and totalled his car and that one very close escape was bad enough so to deal with a run like you have has understandably been traumatic. As Dubs says, you had no control over these events (well, apart from the Season ticket!) and difficult as it might first seem there is no reason to feel any guilt at all for buying the car.

Guess normally I would say that the important thing was that for all the first instances in the end no one was seriously injured but your last news is horrific and sincere condolences to your grand-daughter and the young man's family and friends. I know it sounds like a platitude but hang in there and time will slowly heal and things will get better. In the meantime, best wishes to all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)