+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The hits just keep coming!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    So sorry you have had such a rough time lately. My own son was lucky enough to escape recently with bruises and lacerations when a drugged up driver crossed the reservation and totalled his car and that one very close escape was bad enough so to deal with a run like you have has understandably been traumatic. As Dubs says, you had no control over these events (well, apart from the Season ticket!) and difficult as it might first seem there is no reason to feel any guilt at all for buying the car.

Guess normally I would say that the important thing was that for all the first instances in the end no one was seriously injured but your last news is horrific and sincere condolences to your grand-daughter and the young man's family and friends. I know it sounds like a platitude but hang in there and time will slowly heal and things will get better. In the meantime, best wishes to all.
    Once again thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Get yourself and the mrs away for a weekend to think your own thoughts. Things will get better so best wishes!
    Good advice, things will get better, maybe not on the Baggies front but life will even itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Wishing you and all family the best wishes.
    You needed to share what was happening, worse thing you can do is bottle it up.
    The forum was a great help to me when our James had his accident.
    I was going to say the exact same things. Hopefully sharing will help you come to terms with what has happened.

I am pretty sure bottling it up would not have helped. Well done for being so brave to feel that you could share.

Wishing you all the best going forward over the next few days and weeks.

So sorry to hear that. Thinking of you and your family

I’ve read about this hideous murder Joy, I presume it’s Ryan from Walsall?

It sounds awful and I can’t imagine how bad this must be for you as a family so my condolences to all of you.

With your grandson and his car disaster there’s no blame on you, you offered nothing but generosity to the lad.

We had a similar incident with our 17 year old son.

We stupidly bought him a new Corsa 1.0 when he passed his test and within a week it was a write off.

He lost control whilst driving like a t w a t down by the Navigation pub at Swindon near Kingswinford, Des will know the pub well.

He actually hit the bridge and totalled the car.

He’s nearly 30 now and he only admitted to me a couple of years ago that not only was his mate in the front ( which I knew ) but there were also two girls in the back FFS!

People at the pub pulled them all from the wreck and got the passengers picked up by taxis and away from the scene before the police arrived.

When we got the call from the cops we initially though he’d been killed, it’s a horrible feeling to get a cop call out of the blue.

Back in 1981 my wife’s then 17 year old brother totalled his mini van on country lanes near Stourbridge killing himself and paralysing a young girl he’d only just met an hour before and offered her a lift home.

He died and she was paralysed for life, two others escaped unscathed.

The autopsy revealed a bleed on his brain caused by a beating a thug had given him a day or two before the crash and so he couldn’t help what happened whereas my son could.

The parallels were striking though, it just shows how narrow a thread we all hang by.

All the best to you and the family.

Sorry to hear about your ongoing issues Joy.

I wish you and your family the best.

Stay strong in these trying times.

Joy that's more than most of us have to face in a lifetime, hope that by sharing you're feeling a bit better at least.

Best wishes - WCV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)