+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Yorkshire Coast.

Thanks for all the advice. Now I just have to hope for some half decent weather.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Scarborough football club are on the rise again after they went bust. Just been promoted - new stadium and Jonathan Greening as their manager. Wish we had him!
    Never been to the new ground yet, Whitby Town normally play a pre season friendly there so might get there, the old Mc Cain stadium is now a Lidl

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Never been to the new ground yet, Whitby Town normally play a pre season friendly there so might get there, the old Mc Cain stadium is now a Lidl

Loved the old McCain Stadium and went there a few times! Decent stand behind the goal too.

Where do you live Bomber - up that way?

Scarborough football club are on the rise again after they went bust. Just been promoted - new stadium and Jonathan Greening as their manager. Wish we had him!
    One of my favorite all time players. Didn't realize he was there....he might be worth watching for the future......

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    One of my favorite all time players. Didn't realize he was there....he might be worth watching for the future......

A real genuine guy who always gave 100% and making his way from the bottom again upwards! Best wishes to him and hope to see one of their games

[QUOTE=Yarmbaggie;40069725]Not sure if you have time Mickd but if you are up this way again I would highly recommend the Staithes and the Dinosaur circular walk. It is 11km and you need to be reasonably fit, which I suspect you are, takes around 4 hours or so. Start and park above Staithes,walk down into the village then head south all along the cliffs to Runswick bay (Cleveland Way).

Loved the old McCain Stadium and went there a few times! Decent stand behind the goal too.

Where do you live Bomber - up that way?
    Just outside of Saltburn, spend a lot of time in Whitby and Scarborough, would love to live in East Ayton, small village just outside of Scarborough, lovely place, very expensive house prices though

[QUOTE=Bombers right foot;40069964]
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Not sure if you have time Mickd but if you are up this way again I would highly recommend the Staithes and the Dinosaur circular walk. It is 11km and you need to be reasonably fit, which I suspect you are, takes around 4 hours or so. Start and park above Staithes,walk down into the village then head south all along the cliffs to Runswick bay (Cleveland Way).

Just outside of Saltburn, spend a lot of time in Whitby and Scarborough, would love to live in East Ayton, small village just outside of Scarborough, lovely place, very expensive house prices though

Never been to Saltburn Bomber but the mrs has taken the dog a few times and says it’s lovely. Are you going to Middlesbrough first game as easy one for you?

As a generalization I think there are still many quite beautifull unspoilt beaches all along our coastline but, sadly, many of our traditional seaside towns remain in decline through lack of investment and seasonality of trade.

Have yet to try the Yorkshire or North East coastline ourselves but sounds well worth a visit from comments on here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)