+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT other sports

OT other sports

Been quite a variety of stuff on this weekend so it got me wondering what other folk are into watching...and how close it comes to rivalling your passion for football?

First off, for me, there's nothing that comes close. Think that's partly because my love of NUFC is rooted in my love for the city-the two are bound together.

As for other sports, I enjoyed watching the rugby internationals yesterday (not a fan of League, though, but do enjoy watching Union) and, if the cricket is on, i'll watch that, too.

F1? Again, I'll have it on in the background if I'm doing some work (which is, like, always on a Sunday ) but not really arsed who wins.

I know folk have mentioned tennis but it seems to be more about power than artistry these days and i haven't seen a single game this time round.

I'll watch the boxing-again, if it's on and some UFC for the same reason.

Yours?

F1. Am a massive Hamilton fan.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    F1. Am a massive Hamilton fan.
    Yes, I should have qualified what I said-i'd far rather Hamilton won but since his car is shit this year (after he was cheated out of the title last year), then I'm not really keeping much of an eye.

I'll have F1 on in the back ground, same with cricket.

Enjoy boxing and tennis, I'll actually watch though - have Djokovic game on at the min

But, yes none come close to football for enjoyment.

Literally any sport (excluding F1 ).Of course nothing comes close to Football/NUFC.
    Rugby Union & Horse Racing distant 2nds !

It’s much quicker for me to list the sports I don’t like than the ones I do. I don’t like any of the US sports and I donn’t like volleyball or handball.
    NUFC comes first, love rugby union and cricket and like just about all the others from horse racing to surfing, to darts, snooker and tennis!!!

Footie tops the list but

Gymnastics, although rarely on is a must watch and things like the olympics - watch wvwerything we can catch on there

in normal time - rugby union as in The Falcons and England are not to be missed

the lasty few years tennis and snooker seem to have gone out the window, where i used to watch avidly, i rarely bother these days.

the habit has been broken

i also tend to watch f1 as my son always has it on - i like to see who wins but the race is just background noise unless something unusual happens to capture my attention

For me, football and horseracing are way out ahead followed by test cricket when the top teams are competing and international rugby union.

In my younger days, I would watch anything and everything but over the years I think a lot of the sports have become more and more predictable and thus boring.

I'm a snooker and Ronnie O'Sullivan fan. He makes an incredibly difficult game look easy and imo, he's the best sportsman England has ever produced

Obviously football and NUFC are the main sports watch, however i watch a lot of cycling and MLB baseball in the summer and the NFL in the winter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)