+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lingard

Lingard

There is media talk of us going back in for him.
    I am in two minds about him.

I am worried about his lack of game time at Old Trafford,on the other hand when on loan at West Ham last year he was their best player.

I'm also in two minds and both of them say no thanks.

That ship has sailed, imo...and I mean that more from his perspective. To continue to bugger up the metaphor, he's missed the boat and we're on it.

(I know it wasn't his fault, btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

That ship has sailed, imo...and I mean that more from his perspective. To continue to bugger up the metaphor, he's missed the boat and we're on it.

100% agreement

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Agree as well.

I rather suspect, that he thought there would be a mad rush for him and his agent set his wage demands to high and it cooled interest.

No thanks. It's obvious that we were begging any and everyone to join us in January. But that's no longer the case now.

The only thing going for him is that he's on a Free. But I would've thought we could do better and are not shy to spend money.

Send him to the Hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post

Send him to the Hammers.
    Best bet.

No thanks. It's obvious that we were begging any and everyone to join us in January. But that's no longer the case now.

The only thing going for him is that he's on a Free. But I would've thought we could do better and are not shy to spend money.

Send him to the Hammers.
    Hes just a middle of the road mid-lower prem team forward. One swallow doesn't make a summer (to carry on with the sailor puns you big fairy Zip 🤣🤣🤣 haha), his half season at WH mirrored Willocks form during his loan with us.

We are targeting the Bruno, Diaby, Botman, Ekiteke tier of players - quality, under 25 with a very potential ceiling.

Time will prove me wrong on this one, no doubt, if he comes I'll back him to do a job and get goals, I just think we will do better to continue to focus in the current Bruno trend.

One idiots opinion.

And it’s a no from me, we can do better. Would only be a yes if he was prepared to accept a realistic wage, similar to the rest of the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Would only be a yes if he was prepared to accept a realistic wage
    An ex-Manyoo Free wanting a realistic wage?

Ha!!

An ex-Manyoo Free wanting a realistic wage?

Ha!!
    Well if nobody will pay the wage he’ll have to !

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)