+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ravel Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Not sure I see it like that rA, and I'm normally front of the queue regarding disloyal, chase the dough footballers. As a bit part player Morrison through his career he may not have been the most well-remunerated of footballers, he's got a limited footballing life and didn't come across to me as someone who can extend into punditry or management, so a season or two of relatively high pay might be life-changing. In any case we don't know what he was offered at Derby, it may even been LESS than last year as LR found a better clutch of free agents 9which Ithink he has). I don't feel the same about Buchanan by the way
    Yep...I take your point. I just get a bit peed off with all the Rooney/freedom of the city nonsense and then, or so it would seem, as soon as HIS ‘preferred bidder’ becomes persona non grata it’s...well I’m off then and I’m taking my ‘Mancie’ mate with me.
    Of course you’re right and Morrison has every right to ply his trade wherever it takes him. I actually think he, and Rooney, will do well and there are many worse places to earn a living, but it still sticks in the craw a little.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yep...I take your point. I just get a bit peed off with all the Rooney/freedom of the city nonsense and then, or so it would seem, as soon as HIS ‘preferred bidder’ becomes persona non grata it’s...well I’m off then and I’m taking my Mancy mate with me.
    Of course you’re right and Morrison has every right to ply his trade wherever it takes him. I actually think he, and Rooney, will do well and there are many worse places to earn a living, but it still sticks in the craw a little.
    For me, more so Rooney. Remember also, Morrison was probably always more loyal to Rooney than Derby, Rooney grabbed him off the scrapheap after all. And the freedom of the city thing was IMO just local out of touch politicians seeking favour

Rav was on 4.5K a week last year with us. I believe the max this year is 8K. He won't have made mega bucks over his career and probably needs to secure his long term future. I agree with those who have said they don't feel his future lies in coaching or punditry. He won't be on a King's ransom at DC. Rooney is on a $1M a year contract. Rav? Half that maybe? A million over 2 years to cement a future for himself? Take away living expenses like house and all relevant costs to that, car, food etc and it's not a huge amount to ensure he doesn't have to work for Deliveroo for the rest of his life....

Sorry chaps but we’re talking about a guy who was fortunate enough to be a talented footballer and who’s turned out just 178 times in twelve years...an average of less than 15 appearances per season.
    Ten years ago, while at West Ham, he was said to be on £624k per year.
    Even with us he was earning the better part of £20k per month.
    I understand the attraction of picking up ‘easy money’ in the States for possibly the last five years of his playing career but if he falls on anything approaching ‘hard times’ later in life he’ll only have himself to blame and, at a time when genuine ‘hard times’ are increasingly the order of the day for many ordinary working people, I’ll have no sympathy.

Any sense of balance seems to have gone. Lingard’s earning power has been addressed elsewhere and, although Mo Salah is a footballer I admire enormously, his £400k per year earnings are nothing less than obscene. Others may justify it in terms of ‘the law of supply and demand’. To me it’s sheer greed and will prove to be unsustainable.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 24-07-2022 at 09:21 AM.

I may be wrong here but I'll wager Mo Salah earns more than 400k a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I may be wrong here but I'll wager Mo Salah earns more than 400k a year.
    Indeed! My mistake...apologies, should have read £400k per week!

If anyone wants to offer me a 1 year contract at £400k a week then I am ready and willing to do absolutely anything... Including kicking a ball about wearing red

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    If anyone wants to offer me a 1 year contract at £400k a week then I am ready and willing to do absolutely anything... Including kicking a ball about wearing red
    If you can kick a ball, get yer sen down PP asap. Numbers are everything

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    If you can kick a ball, get yer sen down PP asap. Numbers are everything
    £8K max. Hadn't you heard TTR?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)