+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup (2022-2023)

Caught me out by pulling a League Cup stunt and playing the games midweek to signify how unimportant the competition has become to everyone except those still in it (which is never us ).

A great win for Blackburn last night and for breaking the MM curse and avenging our 5th round defeat at Leicester all those years ago they can now count on my full support to cheer them all the way to Wembley.

So it's on to Bramall Lane on Saturday March 18th for our lads from Blackburn. 6 times winners of the hallowed trophy but none since 1928, before even the oldest MMadster was born. I notice all 4 quarter final games are slated to be played on the same day at the same time. Must be a while since that happened with them often being spread over 4 days to garner the maximum TV revenue.

You learn something new every day as I never knew their nickname. "Come on you Riversiders!"
    Last edited by CAMiller; 02-03-2023 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    So it's on to Bramall Lane on Saturday March 18th for our lads from Blackburn. 6 times winners of the hallowed trophy but none since 1928, before even the oldest MMadster was born. I notice all 4 quarter final games are slated to be played on the same day at the same time. Must be a while since that happened with them often being spread over 4 days to garner the maximum TV revenue.

You learn something new every day as I never knew their nickname. "Come on you Riversiders!"
    I thought it was probably just pipe dream that they'd be playing the 4 quarter finals simultaneously like in 'the good old days'. Split over 2 days now and all at different times. The Riversiders will try to blunt The Blades and overcome the MM curse in what could turn out to be a be a gunfight at 'High Noon' on Sunday.

A bit like the competition itself this thread seems to have lost it's way. However, if my calculations are right then we're shouting for Man City to beat their across town rivals come Saturday. Does anyone give a sh!t? If it was back in the days of Law, Best, Charlton, Kidd v Lee, Summerbee, Bell, Book (what no Candle?) then I would have but not in 2023. One small mercy I suppose is at least they've restored the traditional 3pm kickoff and none of this Saturday evening malarkey, however it took police advice to even do that rather than FA common sense.

Have a go at this BBC quiz if like me you want to embarrass yourself over your knowledge of the competition over the past 30 years. I got 0/10.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65742592

FA Cup Final

Anyone going to watch it??

I am with a few beers.

Lol var strikes again

What a joke

Webb needs to resign, he can’t change a system that’s so bad, unfair to expect him to do so

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Lol var strikes again

What a joke

Webb needs to resign, he can’t change a system that’s so bad, unfair to expect him to do so
    Nothing wrong with the decision, it's what VAR is supposed to be there for to uphold the rules of the game. You can't blame VAR for the stupidity of the handball rule.

Anyone else getting pissed off with this VAR shambles 2 big finals spoiled by daft decisions last week Gregory took Barnsley players leg no penalty now Grealish adjudged handball penalty given
    We’ve had this VAR what 3 years and it’s making the game a mockery I’m thoroughly fed up with it a game should be decided 11 v 11 not on some refs computer if this is the future I really fear for the game itself

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Nothing wrong with the decision, it's what VAR is supposed to be there for to uphold the rules of the game. You can't blame VAR for the stupidity of the handball rule.
    Absolutely

The most exciting part of the game happened in the first 15s and it was primarily downhill after that despite the fact that City managed to survive the MM curse and lift the trophy for us. I was using my Enigma machine to try crack to code of success v failure this season and the two words Haaland and Weghorst came out of it. Can't think why?

Not long before August when we'll start this road to Wembley for 2023-24. What's the odds on the Millers making it to the 5th round? Probably worse than gru's lottery odds

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast