+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup (2022-2023)

Well, were just about at the start of the excruciating 10 month road to Wembley as the Extra Preliminary Round is coming up this weekend. As The Millers don't have a game on Saturday get yourselves down to Muglet Lane at 3pm to watch my pick, The Miners of Maltby Main take on Quorn. Should have no problem in beating a meat substitute but who knows with the MillersMAD curse weighing heavily on their backs. Wikipedia has let me down with respect to finding out if there are any players or managers of note taking part in this one but there's usually someone with a Millers connection involved at Maltby.

Come on you Miners, get one over on those Leicestershire scabs (they caught it from their Nottingham neighbours )

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Millertop is beyond hope....Castleton..
    I wish that forward we were signing was Bamford

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Well, were just about at the start of the excruciating 10 month road to Wembley as the Extra Preliminary Round is coming up this weekend. As The Millers don't have a game on Saturday get yourselves down to Muglet Lane at 3pm to watch my pick, The Miners of Maltby Main take on Quorn. Should have no problem in beating a meat substitute but who knows with the MillersMAD curse weighing heavily on their backs. Wikipedia has let me down with respect to finding out if there are any players or managers of note taking part in this one but there's usually someone with a Millers connection involved at Maltby.

Come on you Miners, get one over on those Leicestershire scabs (they caught it from their Nottingham neighbours )
    Apparently the opponents are dangerous at quorners..!..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Apparently the opponents are dangerous at quorners..!..
    There won’t be mushroom in the changing room

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    There won’t be mushroom in the changing room
    Well that didn’t take long CAM, Maltby M 0 Vs 1 Quorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Well that didn’t take long CAM, Maltby M 0 Vs 1 Quorn.
    Yep the cam curse is almost guaranteed round by round ..🤣

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    I wonder which team supercam is going to choose for us to follow first………….and then when they lose to the next team we will follow..🤣..
    …..

I really am surprised that the 'wager hungry' mob on MM haven't started to invest heavily in backing the opposition of our 'team to watch'

Early rounds are also always a good bet to turn up some big scores. Cream of the crop so far is Stourport Swifts 7-0 road win at Hereford Pegasus and Leighton Town's 9-2 drubbing of Baldock Town. The laughing policeman doesn't have anything to smile about as our old friends Biggleswade United fell 4-0 at Gorleston. Not to worry though, Biggleswade usually have another two teams that join the competition in later rounds.

The excitement will be mounting as we wait to see who the lads from Quorn will be up against in the next round.

So it's a trip to either Long Eaton United or Sherwood Colliery for The Fox Hunters of Quorn in the next round on Saturday August 20th. It might be a 'grudge' match as Sherwood Colliery dumped them out of this competition in the 2019-20 season.

The village of Quorn actually has some good sporting connections as both Gordon Banks and David Gower once resided there. Seems like a nice place so I'll have Mrs. CA put it on her house hunting list.

Long Eaton defeated Sherwood Colliery so there'll be no revenge for their 2019 defeat for our lads of Quorn.

Odds will be against them as they make the visit to Long Eaton's Grange Park in just over a week's time as they are up against both the MM curse and a team who made it to the 3rd qualifying round last year. No famous players currently on the books at Long Eaton but it is the club where Gary Birtles plied his trade before finding fame at Forest and where RUFC's Andy Todd was finally put out to grass in 2016 after making 17 appearances for The Millers in 2007-8.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast