+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FA Cup (2022-2023)

It may be difficult to predict a result in the 10 that Brin lists every week but when the FA Cup comes around there's always one result that's a certainty. As expected Quorn capitulated 4-1 at Long Eaton United who now carry the very heavy burden of MM hopes into the official first round of qualifying.

Poor result for West Allotment Celtic.

They were leek-ing goals

Quorn failed to meat expectations, team full of substitutes.

Well, 112 games in the official 1st round of qualifying so it took some time to even find who our boys at Long Eaton United will be playing. They have been drawn away at Hednesford Town, The Pitmen, and will play on or around September 3rd. It is in fact a rematch of their 2020 game at the same stage when Hednesford triumphed 3-2 who in 1996-7 actually reached the 4th Round Proper of the FA Cup. Not bad for a non-league team, just one round less than us.

No Millers currently involved with either club but one of our new boys, Cohen Bramall is in fact Hednesford's record transfer sale when they received £40,000 for him from Arsenal in 2017.

Just a reminder to everyone in case you want to bet against our Long Eaton boys and make yourself enough money to buy out TS.

Well bugger me! (not literally of course). As soon as I mention lumping on against our team the curse is dispelled and Long Eaton United only go and win 3-1 at Hednesford. Who's next? Come on, let's be 'avin' you!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Well bugger me! (not literally of course). As soon as I mention lumping on against our team the curse is dispelled and Long Eaton United only go and win 3-1 at Hednesford. Who's next? Come on, let's be 'avin' you!
    Dam I bet heavy and lost….i had earmarked all my winnings to clean the nys plaques,clean the cladding and replace the bulb… I hope the long Eaton lads are happy with themselves..!!!.

Well, well, well! Do we have a conflict of interest here? Our lads from Long Eaton United have been drawn at home in the 2nd Qualifying round to Gainsborough Trinity. Do we cheer for The Blues of Long Eaton or The Holy Blues of Gainsborough who likely will include two RUFC loanees in their matchday squad, Mackenzie Warne and Curtis Durose. Game to be played Saturday September 17th unless Gainsborough request a postponement due to the rail strike.

A quick reminder that our team to follow, Long Eaton, are up against Gainsborough Trinity tomorrow. As the Millers have a late kick off why not take a trip down to Derbyshire to shout them on and see how the Millers' loanee(s) get on.

Alternatively, if you are looking for something to do in preference to being dragged around Meadowhall by the wife and don't want to enrich the bank accounts of Sheffield Wednesday or Doncaster Rovers then why not pop along to Stocksbridge Park Steels and watch them take on Marine, also in the FA Cup qualifying competition.

Both games kick off at 3pm.

Honours even today at 1-1 so they'll do it all again on Tuesday night at Gainsborough. Saw Durose mentioned on the Long Eaton Twitter feed so I know he played but not sure about young Warney.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast