+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup (2022-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    The most exciting part of the game happened in the first 15s and it was primarily downhill after that despite the fact that City managed to survive the MM curse and lift the trophy for us. I was using my Enigma machine to try crack to code of success v failure this season and the two words Haaland and Weghorst came out of it. Can't think why?

Not long before August when we'll start this road to Wembley for 2023-24. What's the odds on the Millers making it to the 5th round? Probably worse than gru's lottery odds
    Oi! You leave gru's methods alone

The tackle by Casemiro on Akanji was worse than the tackle by the Barnsley chap last week for which he was given a red card. Both were referred to VAR, the difference being Casemiro was awarded a free kick and Phillips was dismissed. You couldn't make it up!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    The tackle by Casemiro on Akanji was worse than the tackle by the Barnsley chap last week for which he was given a red card. Both were referred to VAR, the difference being Casemiro was awarded a free kick and Phillips was dismissed. You couldn't make it up!
    Incompetence Brin, simple as that

The referee had a really bad day and got a lot of key decisions wrong.
    Don’t think the onlooking Howie would have been too impressed and may need to find someone else for next years showpiece event

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Incompetence Brin, simple as that
    Could it have been a case of mistaken identity Grist?!!

Was a penalty what was Grealish his hand doing there waving to someone! only watched brief highlights don't watch money gods!

Have a go at this BBC quiz if like me you want to embarrass yourself over your knowledge of the competition over the past 30 years. I got 0/10.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65742592

Never click on bbc links 😆

Tbh Cam I had a look expecting some kind of quiz.

FA Cup scorers????

I'm not sure I'd have faired much better trying to just name the finalists, so didn't even try.

By the way just out of interest what was the degrees of separation for us lifting the trophy about 4ish?

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post
    Never click on bbc links ��

Tbh Cam I had a look expecting some kind of quiz.

FA Cup scorers????

I'm not sure I'd have faired much better trying to just name the finalists, so didn't even try.

By the way just out of interest what was the degrees of separation for us lifting the trophy about 4ish?
    Just 2 degrees of separation for the Millers as we lost to Ipswich who lost to Burnley who lost to the eventual winners Man City in the quarter finals.

With regards this thread and the 10 months journey. Maltby lost to Quorn who lost to Long Eaton who beat Hednesford but then lost to Gainsborough Trinity (at least a Miller scored in that one) who lost to Worksop who lost to Alvechurch who did beat league opposition Cheltenham in the first round proper before losing to FGR who lost to Birmingham who lost to Blackburn who after a great win at Leicester lost to Sheffield United who lost in the semi final to eventual winners Man City. 9 losses and 4 wins over the 13 rounds of competition.

Apart from the brilliant finish, did anyone notice that the Man City first goal was basically hoof ball?

Just 2 degrees of separation for the Millers as we lost to Ipswich who lost to Burnley who lost to the eventual winners Man City in the quarter finals.

With regards this thread and the 10 months journey. Maltby lost to Quorn who lost to Long Eaton who beat Hednesford but then lost to Gainsborough Trinity (at least a Miller scored in that one) who lost to Worksop who lost to Alvechurch who did beat league opposition Cheltenham in the first round proper before losing to FGR who lost to Birmingham who lost to Blackburn who after a great win at Leicester lost to Sheffield United who lost in the semi final to eventual winners Man City. 9 losses and 4 wins over the 13 rounds of competition.
    Oh thats good, they might as well engrave our name on the cup, in brackets of course 😆
    Better than I thought.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast