+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anel Ahmedhodzic

Anel Ahmedhodzic

Looks like he is signing for Sheffield United.
    First of many first choice targets who will go elsewhere.
    Back to barrel scrapping again.
    Meanwhile up the road Burnley are building a team looking to bounce back at the first time of asking.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Looks like he is signing for Sheffield United.
    First of many first choice targets who will go elsewhere.
    Back to barrel scrapping again.
    Meanwhile up the road Burnley are building a team looking to bounce back at the first time of asking.
    Very negative.
    Burnley have sold very single decent player they have. If you genuinely think because they have signed a player from MK Dons they will go back up with that manager your in for a shock.

Like every season, we will sign some decent players and be ok.

Negative yes but we have arguably the thinnest squad for years and our defence looks bereft of quality.
    Now of course we shouldn't rush but the quantity we are needing will need to be bed in.
    We really can't expect to find 7 gems from the academy all at once.

Negative yes but we have arguably the thinnest squad for years and our defence looks bereft of quality.
    Now of course we shouldn't rush but the quantity we are needing will need to be bed in.
    We really can't expect to find 7 gems from the academy all at once.
    If the season started today and the window was shut, I would probably agree. But its isn't there is loads of time to get in players, which they will. 2 of the main reasons we fail every season in Lenihan and Nyambe have left, so they will be easily replaced, I wouldn't lose any sleep over that.
    A few loan signings and a few Scandinavian based players signed and we will be fine.
    The fact we have no money does play a part.
    Burnley only have £147m more than us. And at this point, I would say our squad is stronger for a Championship season. So I wouldn't be looking at them as any kind of benchmark. They will finish midtable with that manager and those players.

Let's see in a few weeks but I can't help but be a little concerned.
    We are not even linked to anyone and with the league starting in 4 weeks.
    We are far from a team that could even achieve mid table in my opinion.

Let's see in a few weeks but I can't help but be a little concerned.
    We are not even linked to anyone and with the league starting in 4 weeks.
    We are far from a team that could even achieve mid table in my opinion.
    I think we need a centre half. We will get one. If Ayala leaves, (and we can only pray that happens) we possibly need to. For me one will do. And another one loan.
    In the past 3 seasons, we have had Tosin and Van Hecke both loans, both did very well. Easy to find and easy to replace a poor Lenihan. Who everyone told me wasn't good enough anyway, bit now he has left we are suddenly a relegation side? I dont see that.
    We need a new RB. Again, easy to replace and easy to find. Like with the CH, we will be out now trying to find one and are very close by all accounts.
    We may need cover in centre midfield. I would say one would suffice. We have Buckley and Travis who will be the main 2, and another for cover.
    We have 2 brand new signings for up-front. 3 really, as we never really saw much of Hedges.
    Markandy played 12 mins. He is new.
    If we had sold Dack 2 years ago when his stock was high, and brought him back now, most would be happy with that, as a decent squad player. He hasnt played for Rovers for 2 seasons, so thats another new signing to come in.
    We have Dolan, Markandy, Dack, Brereton and Gallagher. That is as strong and good as any side ion the entire division.

We just need a few defenders on loan and a midfielder. In another few weeks those players will be in and we start the season. I'm not seeing impending disaster.

We werent linked with John Dahl Tommason until the day before we announced him as manager.
    Cast your mind back to that. Most people where saying we would not attract a decent manager. Both him and Broughton both came, without any previous links. Nobody knows anything. I fond it odd, because nobody knows anything we go straight to the most negative feeling?
    I find it incredible that JDT and Broughton have been here a matter of days, and people expect them to be signing players on day one.
    That's not how transfers work. JDT only officially joined us last week, training in Portugal with the squad. As him and his coach needed a work permit. JDT has only actually been in this country managing Rovers for about 4 days. So I say just give him a bit of time. Signings take time. A new manager coming into a new club making decisions on new players in a division he has never played or managed in takes time.
    4 weeks until the start of the season. We can easily find 3/4 players to add to the decent squad we have. Which is exactly what they will be doing. I would be worried if Broughton was stood telling the press every single player we are interested in. We as a club will know, and as we speak they 2will be working through a long and slow process to get the ons we want here. We could rush in and buy some MK dons players while losing our entire first team squad, but that would end in disaster.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)