+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Bradford City v Derby

Matchday Thread: Bradford City v Derby

Buckle up for another ride on the Derby rollercoaster!

Any predictions? Score or team, either will be fine

And have we REALLY plumbed the lowest depths, ready to start our unstoppable ascent, or is it a decade in the doldrums?

Anyone?

Well its a pre season friendly, s can't say I read much into them either way, all about getting the tam to gell, work on tactics and in this case allowing the manager to see who fits where best. I guess there may be one or two trialists?

In a month when the real action starts, I'll have an interest.

Not a clue what team will start today, i don't pay much attention to results in pre-season either, guess will be interesting to see if any surprises in the line up

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post

And have we REALLY plumbed the lowest depths, ready to start our unstoppable ascent, or is it a decade in the doldrums?

Anyone?
    Yes.

Embryonic days. Many more signings to be made before Oxford.

Of course not. In Clowes we trust...on the evidence so far.

Bielic "not injured" but has a sore knee, he needs to be carefully managed... code for he's a bit delicate, so not playing today.
    Anyone watch Rosenier's pre-match interview?
    Passion and intelligence, recognition of the behind the scenes staff... ticking many boxes and making me feel positive.
    1-1 today.

9-3 to Bradford..,.......that would be the sort of result that might worry me. Otherwise the result isn't crucial, it's more about introducing the squad to each other and trying to create a gel between players and style of play wanted by manager.

I won't be surprised (or necessarily worried) if we are in bottom half of table after 10 games. It will take time to settle

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Bielic "not injured" but has a sore knee, he needs to be carefully managed... code for he's a bit delicate, so not playing today.
    Anyone watch Rosenier's pre-match interview?
    Passion and intelligence, recognition of the behind the scenes staff... ticking many boxes and making me feel positive.
    1-1 today.
    Yes, saw the Rosenior interview, very articulate, very clear thinking, generally very encouraging. Stearman also came over well, recognising his ‘place’ and explaining how he can contribute bodes well for his commitment if not necessarily his ability

Yes, saw the Rosenior interview, very articulate, very clear thinking, generally very encouraging. Stearman also came over well, recognising his ‘place’ and explaining how he can contribute bodes well for his commitment if not necessarily his ability
    Agreed. Enjoyed both interviews!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Agreed. Enjoyed both interviews!
    I'm optimistic, think Rosenior is definitely a good coach, its said he did most of the coaching and tactics when working with Rooney. So far he seems to present himself well as a manager and the recruitment seems sensible so all in all reasons to be cheerful.

I'm pleased Stearman got another year. When we signed him I was underwhelmed. I couldn't recall any game I'd seen him in where he had performed well. Last season? Very few chances but apart from the 3rd minute red card game he served us well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)