+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. To misquote Henry II...

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    1. Thought you condemned ‘cross threading’ politics with other matters and I haven’t defended Swale. Look at what I said. If he breaks the rules and you punish him that’s his problem. He did...you didn’t...but he’s not the only one to tell someone to **** off on here and it doesn’t compare with ‘incitement to commit damage’.

2. Objections from the likes of mac, MA, Stenson, Swale and myself does not constitute ‘mob rule’. We have been the bedrock of this forum for a while and were right to object.

3. Very pleased you’ve done something at last. Not before time and a pity you didn’t explain your actions more quickly which would have helped enormously in the circumstances.

4. Please stop your patronising ‘I have a life’ comment as if the rest of us don’t. Mine may be temporarily on ‘Covid hold’ at the moment but you’re the one who wanted to be moderator and you’re the one who repeatedly tells everyone how experienced you are at such matters. Personally I’ve not had a problem with your moderating style until recently but MA is offering to help and clearly your new found ‘life’ has left you needing support.

5. ‘No one has left the forum’. Really? So regular poster GP not posting since last Friday, having said he would not return until DCFCA had been removed, is just my imagination is it?
    You may be of the opinion that he overreacted and could use the ‘ignore’ facility. I might even agree, but for the last five days, at a time when his professional insight would have been very valuable over matters such as the takeover and Buchanan’s contract he has not been seen.
    Hopefully, following your appropriate if belated action, he may now return.
    Thanks for the critique minister

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Thanks for the critique minister
    No idea what that means but if it was you who Swale told to go forth and multiply I’m increasingly unsurprised given your obtuse arrogance.

First you ‘attack’ my thread...next you, quite wrongly, accuse me of ‘doublespeak’...and then you appear surprised at a reaction/clarification.

Maybe, just maybe, you might stick to the thread on a day when already there have been another three resignations...and the future of the Government/PM/country is under question...or maybe it doesn’t suit your agenda.

Calm down, Calm down.....isn't this just what you've been waiting for for months, if not years? The wolves turning on the wounded leader....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Calm down, Calm down.....isn't this just what you've been waiting for for months, if not years? The wolves turning on the wounded leader....
    Welcome back GP, and thanks for the scouser impression and putting us back on topic.

Can’t say I’m remotely disappointed...there was always going to be one bridge (of lies) too far.

The point of the thread though was to honestly ask for opinion regarding...

Have we now reached a genuine tipping point?
    Will he be replaced from within and if so...by who?
    Or...will he, in a desperate attempt to cling on to power, call a General Election.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 06-07-2022 at 09:46 AM.

I'd say zero chance of a general election... That's not a decision that a PM alone can determine is it? And the party wouldn't want one now before it can try to heal some of BJ self inflicted wounds.

Curious that the most trivial of errors in handling facts can be the straw that breaks the camel's back, after all the other weights it's had to bear.

I'll give it to the end of the week for a forced falling on sword

I'd say zero chance of a general election... That's not a decision that a PM alone can determine is it? And the party wouldn't want one now before it can try to heal some of BJ self inflicted wounds.

Curious that the most trivial of errors in handling facts can be the straw that breaks the camel's back, after all the other weights it's had to bear.

Not sure that the ‘mistakes’ made in relation to the apparently aptly named Pincher can be described as ‘trivial’.

Aside from that I share your view but have no idea who ‘steps up’. I mean...last night Penny Mordaunt was amongst the favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    As I've explained to anyone who asked, the problem with banning/otherwise sanctioning anyone is differentiating their actions from those of others. Example, there'sonly one poster who repeatedly tells other posters to **** off and describes half the population as thick. should I ban him?

Edit: Sorry 37%
    But as with a lot of your posts, your explanation doesn't stack up. You could have banned me, though lets be clear I didn't bypass the swear filter, which DCFCA has done, nor have I posted libellous comments, threats and general garbage on here.

So what your saying is your failure to Mod the Forum properly by not banning me is the reason you have demonstrated such poor judgement and allowed DCFCA to continue?

Or that you so incapable of exercising judgement, because lets face it this is about the only Forum DCFCA isn't banned from, that when there is a groundswell of opinion you show how immoveable you are and ignore it?

There is in fact no problem other than the one inside your head! I note you have supposedly yellow carded DCFCA, about time you actually did something!

I think your ‘end of the week’ might be an underestimate, GP. Dead man walking...the ‘game is up’ so...who’s next?

Nah Johnson will cling on by his finger nails, he might have gone if more of the cabinet had walked, but it seems the incompetents are clinging to him knowing full well they would struggle to get a job at McDonald's!!

My judgement is that we have a few more weeks yet, maybe even a month or two. He will go thats certain, but not necessarily soon.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    But as with a lot of your posts, your explanation doesn't stack up. You could have banned me, though lets be clear I didn't bypass the swear filter, which DCFCA has done, nor have I posted libellous comments, threats and general garbage on here.

So what your saying is your failure to Mod the Forum properly by not banning me is the reason you have demonstrated such poor judgement and allowed DCFCA to continue?

Or that you so incapable of exercising judgement, because lets face it this is about the only Forum DCFCA isn't banned from, that when there is a groundswell of opinion you show how immoveable you are and ignore it?

There is in fact no problem other than the one inside your head! I note you have supposedly yellow carded DCFCA, about time you actually did something!
    Just three things in response and then I’ll withdraw for the sake of the thread. You DO post general garbage but that’s not a sanctionable offence. I’ve had more requests to sanction you than I have DCFCA. And he hasn’t been yellow carded he’s been banned

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)