+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. To misquote Henry II...

No, if it were me I'd know that his first point is bull**** since people earning over 100k pa ALREADY lose their tax free personal allowance pro rata with their excess earnings between 100k and 120k. And this yields 5k per year as these people are then at least 40% taxpayers. So the guy is talking ****.

Saw a poll on Sky this morning suggesting that, out of Daft Liz and Little Rishi, 46% of the new electorate (Tory Party Members) want Johnson back as PM. How much worse can it get?

or, to see the other side of the coin, it shows how popular BJ was with the party membership. But of course you wouldn't see it that way

Speaking of seeing it any way - the clip seems to be no longer available on t'internet on sky

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    or, to see the other side of the coin, it shows how popular BJ was with the party membership. But of course you wouldn't see it that way

Speaking of seeing it any way - the clip seems to be no longer available on t'internet on sky
    You make my point for me GP. I don’t doubt Johnson’s popularity with the party membership. That’s what’s so frightening about this chosen few choosing a third PM in the last six years!

All happy to get their grubby mitts on the sleaze money probably. All happy to see the top few getting ever richer. Happy to see worker rights diminished. Happy to see human rights gone. Happy for one rule for the few and another for the many. Happy for EU rail companies to offer cheaper services because they reap millions in dividends from the UK rail franchises the EU companies own.

you're not a member of the illuminati then MA?

you're not a member of the illuminati then MA?
    .... nor the cabal or the 1% or the elite. Bring on the revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You make my point for me GP. I don’t doubt Johnson’s popularity with the party membership. That’s what’s so frightening about this chosen few choosing a third PM in the last six years!
    there is a further complication in that if as seems likely Truss wins, she will as I understand it be the first Leader that was not the first choice of both MP's and the party members since the membership election was introduced.

Which effectively means she will have an issue in that less than half of her MP's actually support her - the same happened to May, except she was elected unopposed,. So lots of political infighting as the Tories rip themselves to shreds!!

Which, as rA will no doubt confirm, is consistent with being led by a party that was not elected by a majority of those eligible to vote in a general election to pursue a policy not backed by a majority of those eligible to vote in a referendum.

Which, as rA will no doubt confirm, is consistent with being led by a party that was not elected by a majority of those eligible to vote in a general election to pursue a policy not backed by a majority of those eligible to vote in a referendum.
    Not quite GP. I have no time for the current Conservative Government (shocker) but my objection, whoever wins, is to the leader of that government and the leader of our country being elected by a tiny minority of the electorate, and the way in which so much time has been wasted over the last one and a half months by devising policies which appeal to that ‘tiny minority’ alone.

I don’t doubt that the Tories were elected democratically back in 2019 although I do think a combination of people’s dishonesty and gullibility challenges the value of democracy...just not sure what the alternative is.

Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)