+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. To misquote Henry II...

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I think you miss my/our point RA.
    We don't care. If I am happy travelling to Thailand and going through their more stringent pass port controls. What makes you think I, or anyone who voted for Brexit thinks a proper border control isn't worth it?
    Like I said, If I can put up with the Spanish being arseholes holding a coach up at Gib, after I have travelled through Spanish customs.
    Then realistically, the extra time to flick through my passport/stamp it/ ask me a couple of questions, means bugger all really., in the rest of the EU.

You happily do the USA border controls, so I don't see why you're crying with the EU.
    Never ‘crying’ Tricky. Just critical observation. Brexit has made things worse in my experience and the experience of most others (all except GP or maybe those entering Greece) in fact. That, imo, needs addressing.

Tbh I actually pay for ‘Global Entry’ every five years to fast track my way through U.S. airports. My choice...I hope that doesn’t become the same for Brits moving around a continent they should be proud to be considered a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Never ‘crying’ Tricky. Just critical observation. Brexit has made things worse in my experience and the experience of most others (all except GP or maybe those entering Greece) in fact. That, imo, needs addressing.

Tbh I actually pay for ‘Global Entry’ every five years to fast track my way through U.S. airports. My choice...I hope that doesn’t become the same for Brits moving around a continent they should be proud to be considered a part of.
    Fair do's.
    Can I ask how much?

I won't be against paying a fee myself, if it goes towards more border staff. The same would apply here.
    There really is no reason for any EU country to be arsey with each other, just because you're not in a "club" that you have to pay for.
    As pointed out earlier, a country can be as easy or as difficult as it wants to be. Spain has proven that and Macron is hell bent on doing the same.
    Make it too difficult for me, I just won't go anymore. Once in Thailand they are more than happy to see me, as long as I have cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Fair do's.
    Can I ask how much?

I won't be against paying a fee myself, if it goes towards more border staff. The same would apply here.
    There really is no reason for any EU country to be arsey with each other, just because you're not in a "club" that you have to pay for.
    As pointed out earlier, a country can be as easy or as difficult as it wants to be. Spain has proven that and Macron is hell bent on doing the same.
    Make it too difficult for me, I just won't go anymore. Once in Thailand they are more than happy to see me, as long as I have cash.
    From memory I think about $100 every five years and the last interview I had was a strange experience on the US/Mexican border. I’m due another one shortly but that will be done by video call.

GP...given what you think of me you may find it amusingly ironic to learn that tonight I have been sitting on a hotel room terrace gazing up at the twelve windmills of Conseuga...the ones made famous by Cervantes and Don Quixote! rA of La Mancha...forever tilting at windmills.

My counter irony is that I've just returned from the home of democracy... my return trip saw me queuing under a minute through passport control. Sadly the experience of easyJet baggage drop in Athens was more chastening...50 minutes in line as the one member of staff ably struggled to deal with 4 planes worth of passengers. Ended up having to take my bag to the gate myself and got scalped another 60 euros for the privilege

....all of which anecdotes lead to the following conclusion:

There's a lot of dissatistaction with the cross-border experience. Factors/remedies incluse:

Brexit. Don't go abroad, avoid Spain and France, change nationality
    Airlines under resourcing key activities -pick another airline
    Airports/ports under resourcing key activities - pick another port/airport
    Border force under resourcing key activities - suck it up buttercup

My resident customer experience professional adds that, although corporations take **** allnotice of individual whinges, they DO take notice of trends, so if you have the opportunity to complete a customer satisfaction response of any kind, do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    ....all of which anecdotes lead to the following conclusion:

There's a lot of dissatistaction with the cross-border experience. Factors/remedies incluse:

Brexit. Don't go abroad, avoid Spain and France, change nationality
    Airlines under resourcing key activities -pick another airline
    Airports/ports under resourcing key activities - pick another port/airport
    Border force under resourcing key activities - suck it up buttercup

My resident customer experience professional adds that, although corporations take **** allnotice of individual whinges, they DO take notice of trends, so if you have the opportunity to complete a customer satisfaction response of any kind, do so.
    Brexit...why should I not do something I love and go somewhere I love because of a half witted decision based on lies?

I tried...I went by ferry...to avoid airports, the currently ridiculous car hire charges and to see more of a country I’m very fond of.

I invariably do.

So it seems that all the experts, from GP to Martin Lewis via the Institute of Fiscal Studies, are agreed that today’s mini budget is utterly bonkers and, if the reaction from the markets is anything to go by, that Crazy Kwasi might be one of the shortest lived Chancellors of all time even judging by the standards of the last six years.
    Maybe then nothing changes and the question remains...who will rid us of this troublesome Prime Minister, and her newly chosen Chancellor?

Oh crap, I didn't realise Lewis thought the same as I. I must be wrong then, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Oh crap, I didn't realise Lewis thought the same as I. I must be wrong then, sorry
    Too late GP. You’ve said it now...both Martin Lewis and I agree, and not just with you, but with Parky minor too!

So who’ll go first...Kwarteng, Truss or Cooper (Steve not Yvette)?

Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)