+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. To misquote Henry II...

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So who’ll go first...Kwarteng, Truss or Cooper (Steve not Yvette)?
    So...Kwarteng then! Must admit my money was on Cooper.

Same question...Truss or Cooper? Or maybe the new Chancellor...Jeremy Hunt.

Thoughts on that one GP? Strange in so much as he was the least popular candidate to be PM amongst Tory MP’s just a couple of months ago.
    We’ll see.

Someone has to be the fall guy. Whoever comes in will need to step up and try to regain some market confidence, be ****ed if I know how though!

So...Kwarteng then! Must admit my money was on Cooper.

Same question...Truss or Cooper? Or maybe the new Chancellor...Jeremy Hunt.

Thoughts on that one GP? Strange in so much as he was the least popular candidate to be PM amongst Tory MP’s just a couple of months ago.
    We’ll see.
    A Cooper sacking now costs millions. He's here till th end of season at least.
    Truss, won't see the New Year

the damage has been done, resetting to a month ago wont simply reverse all the market reaction

I don't get it, she appointed him and knew exactly what decisions were being made, she should sack herself too and admit she bit off more than she can chew.

Personally think get rishi in, then he gives himself 6 months to convince the country he's the right person and go to an election.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    A Cooper sacking now costs millions. He's here till th end of season at least.
    Truss, won't see the New Year
    ‘Millions’ is pocket money to Marinakis, Tricky. Bet if you’re still adrift by Christmas Cooper will still be gone, but I doubt Truss will see in next weekend let alone the New Year.

‘Millions’ is pocket money to Marinakis, Tricky. Bet if you’re still adrift by Christmas Cooper will still be gone, but I doubt Truss will see in next weekend let alone the New Year.
    Possibly, Marinakis is ruthless. But why give him a new contract just to sack him?
    That doesn't make sense.
    I still firmly believe there was always a plan for relegation leaving us with decent players, (ie Bowler for example out on loan)
    January transfer window will decide it. If he's sacked he has to go before that, not after.

Probably still all go pear shaped, but I have to admit that seeing Jeremy Hunt at the despatch box yesterday afternoon, after years of bumbling Boris and weeks of, hopelessly out of her depth, Truss was something approaching a breath of fresh air.
    Mordaunt too, standing in for the PM - and apparently the nodding dog who is the Deputy PM - appeared to do a good impression of a grown up politician.
    My concern now is that...at a time when winter may (and hopefully won’t) bring with it the prospect of power cuts and Covid Mk3, we need real leadership, not a Government concerned primarily with its own electoral survival.
    With that in mind Truss and her acolytes have to go, and quickly. She has proved herself utterly incompetent and appeared to be on the edge of some sort of breakdown yesterday afternoon.
    Seems bizarre that, back in July, the Tories ditched Hunt as a potential leader at the earliest opportunity (18 votes?) and two months on he is PM in all but name and comparatively ‘bulletproof’, but at least we have seen that there is some degree of much needed competence within Government though not, imo, amongst the likes of Truss, Coffey and Rees-Mogg.

So now Truss has lost a second of her 3 "great ministers of state" in no time at all. Cleverly must be quaking in his boots

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So now Truss has lost a second of her 3 "great ministers of state" in no time at all. Cleverly must be quaking in his boots
    The globalists have wormed their way in.

Cruella, wanted control of borders/asylum/ECHR and she discovers that all that is mute, as they are planning to back door migration.
    So the truth is out and she quite rightly shoves it up Truss/Hunts ass.

This is going to get messy now. 17.2 million voted for Brexit on the pretext this country takes control.
    It hasn't and the Tories will pay for that. They won't back Labour either, as Starmer is the same as Hunt and a globalist.
    So what next?

BTW back to Germnay in Decenber and a phone call today had me reading the German newspapers, as the Sausies are not happy with the Ukranian influx and the middle easterners, the AFD surged in Eastern German cities,
    They have the same problems of fuel/food costs and they are taking over schools/leisure centres/hotels/apartments all over.

Trouble is brewing badly
    Globalism/Putin/China buying ex NATO pilots knowledge.
    Get yer tin hats on.

Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)