+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. To misquote Henry II...

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    The globalists have wormed their way in.

Cruella, wanted control of borders/asylum/ECHR and she discovers that all that is mute, as they are planning to back door migration.
    So the truth is out and she quite rightly shoves it up Truss/Hunts ass.

This is going to get messy now. 17.2 million voted for Brexit on the pretext this country takes control.
    It hasn't and the Tories will pay for that. They won't back Labour either, as Starmer is the same as Hunt and a globalist.
    So what next?
    ‘Going to get messy now’? Do you not think it’s been pretty messy for the last six years or so?

I really don’t want to go over old ground unnecessarily, however...the UK has an electorate approaching 49 million. As you say 17.2 million voted for Brexit of which, given subsequent events, I’d imagine a great many will have been having second thoughts.

Not sure that’s a recipe for it getting any ‘messier’.

So, the (Blue) Tories will pay for it. People won't back the Red variety.

Pray, do tell, TTR, for whom will people vote? Who will get elected? LibDem? Greens? Raving Monster Loony?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    So, the (Blue) Tories will pay for it. People won't back the Red variety.

Pray, do tell, TTR, for whom will people vote? Who will get elected? LibDem? Greens? Raving Monster Loony?
    You're brighter than this MA.

We run a first past the post system

Those voters who loaned the Tories their vote, to get changes promised will go elsewhere.

You can spread those votes around where ever you want . Libs/SNP/Greens/Reforn/ RML
    The result is the same, a government (probably Labour), but with next to nothing majoirty and a parliament always fighting every bill.
    Just like it was when Corbynism took too many votes. We had 4 years of getting nowt done as a result.

SO YES, IT IS GOING TO GET MESSY

It's no wonder a certain leader of the SNP seems to have a permanent smile on her face!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    You're brighter than this MA.

We run a first past the post system

Those voters who loaned the Tories their vote, to get changes promised will go elsewhere.

You can spread those votes around where ever you want . Libs/SNP/Greens/Reforn/ RML
    The result is the same, a government (probably Labour), but with next to nothing majoirty and a parliament always fighting every bill.
    Just like it was when Corbynism took too many votes. We had 4 years of getting nowt done as a result.

SO YES, IT IS GOING TO GET MESSY
    It wasn't me who said the Tories will pay for it. Meaning they won't get back in. It also wasn't me who said folk won't back Labour. Meaning they won't get in.

Surely, if people aren't going to back either colour of Toryism, then they will back someone else. I merely asked who would they vote for.... a perfectly logical question IMO.

It wasn't me who said the Tories will pay for it. Meaning they won't get back in. It also wasn't me who said folk won't back Labour. Meaning they won't get in.

Surely, if people aren't going to back either colour of Toryism, then they will back someone else. I merely asked who would they vote for.... a perfectly logical question IMO.
    OK I apologise, I thought you was having a snipe.

I seriously mean my answer. Both Labour and Brexit/Reform voters , gave Tories their vote, as they were the only party willing to finish Brexit. That included the controlled immigration/ border protection/British interests/more global interraction.
    They failed, allowed a soverign nation to stick a border between itself/too easy to come here/ Illegal migration running riot/ made a right hash of global trade, giving in to conditions.

Those voters are disgruntled. Not just with the Tories, but other parties and their interference as well.
    But they will switch to someone.
    Some will go back to Labour I'm sure. But a good chunk will be like a massive protest vote. Expect Reform to climb the voter charts now.
    I'm sure Labour will be the next government, but if folks think things are going to instantly improve/get solved, then no.

Messy very messy

Kwarteng, Truss or Cooper? Well at least Cooper has won something this year.

So let’s start again...who’ll be next to pick up the poisoned chalice? Sunak? Hated by the Johnsonites. Braverman? Too right wing, no compassionate Conservatism there. Coffey? Don’t be silly...only in post because she’s Liz’s mate. Johnson? Anything is possible these days but please, God...no!
    Between Wallace, Hunt and Mordaunt imo. Thank goodness it’s only going to, somehow, last a week this time, but to me there seem now to be two, possibly three, Conservative Parties...let’s hope one of them can stop us looking like a laughing stock.

P.S. Hunt seems to have ruled himself out.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 20-10-2022 at 12:51 PM.

Hunt has, indeed, ruled himself out. Wallace, Mordaunt and Sunak look the likely front runners IMO and, as rA mooted, you can't rule Bojo, the pathological liar, out. A mess.

Will the markets peak, tank or just be bored silly and remain constant between now and a week's time?

Hunt has, indeed, ruled himself out. Wallace, Mordaunt and Sunak look the likely front runners IMO and, as rA mooted, you can't rule Bojo, the pathological liar, out. A mess.

Will the markets peak, tank or just be bored silly and remain constant between now and a week's time?
    Who knows, MA? Seems to have already got messier. Some doubt as to how they can avoid going to the membership who, let’s not forget, gave us Johnson and Truss.
    Seems their best hope is that there’ll only be one contender...though God knows how the ‘Nasty Party’ element are going to reach a compromise with the ‘Compassionate Conservative Party’ on that one.
    I leave the markets to those who understand them...but I’d suggest that the election of a PM who doesn’t find Hunt acceptable as Chancellor will see market turmoil on an unprecedentedly damaging scale.
    You couldn’t write it...beyond parody...utter shambles...and early rumours that Johnson is ‘expected to stand’.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Who knows, MA? Seems to have already got messier. Some doubt as to how they can avoid going to the membership who, let’s not forget, gave us Johnson and Truss.
    Seems their best hope is that there’ll only be one contender...though God knows how the ‘Nasty Party’ element are going to reach a compromise with the ‘Compassionate Conservative Party’ on that one.
    I leave the markets to those who understand them...but I’d suggest that the election of a PM who doesn’t find Hunt acceptable as Chancellor will see market turmoil on an unprecedentedly damaging scale.
    You couldn’t write it...beyond parody...utter shambles...and early rumours that Johnson is ‘expected to stand’.
    IMO they will come up with a winner chosen my the Toraidhe MPs. I expect the runner up in the MP voting (however many rounds of that there are) to stand down as leaving it another 6 to 8 weeks for the party faithful to get their votes in would see the country treading water again for the next 2 months and even the Torai will understand that that is NOT an option this time.

Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)