+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. To misquote Henry II...

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Rat-a-tat-tat
    Last edited by ramAnag; 30-10-2022 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Rat-a-tat-tat
    Sooooooooooo...predictable. Am I wrong then?

You reckon Swale got seven words out without an insult? No.
    You reckon he then ‘resorted to insults’? No.
    You reckon AF attempted to answer any of the salient points raised via the vast majority of the post? No.

So rat-a-tat-off unless you’ve got anything sensible to add.

Rat-a-tat-tat

that one was closer to pom-pom-pom-pom
    20mm

Well there you go. The three Brexit defenders all having a pointless pop...and not one of you can come up with a counter argument.

So for all the anecdotal comments about ‘how everybody I know feels the same as they did in 2016’ and ‘Remoaners have just become more bitter’...when confronted with some actual evidence what’s the response? Nothing...except the same old infantile noises. Huge surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Well there you go. The three Brexit defenders all having a pointless pop...and not one of you can come up with a counter argument.
    You’ve spent 6 years on transmit rA. Just listen for once. I’m not a defender of Brexit, I voted remain. But I do defend the right of people who expressed a preference for an outcome, and who’s preference won according to the rules of engagement openly agreed, to have their preference respected. If you want the alternative, ie democratic votes ignored, I’m happy to fund a one way ticket to, let’s say, Belarus for you.

As it happens, Swale’s poll info is supported by evidence, but I’m not inclined to spend much time offering detailed responses to any of his points when his responses are laced with ‘gammon’, ‘racist’, ‘bigot’, ‘idiot’ etc at anyone who doesn’t share his entrenched worldview, as I mentioned it’s a typical tactic of Swale types elsewhere on social media and I don’t respond in detail there either

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

So for all the anecdotal comments about ‘how everybody I know feels the same as they did in 2016’ and ‘Remoaners have just become more bitter’...when confronted with some actual evidence what’s the response? Nothing...except the same old infantile noises. Huge surprise.
    Actually RA, it was a joke.
    I even used an emoji, like you are fond of using to help you. Your sense of humour seems to only be on your rules mucker.
    You and Swale are right and wrong over so much. Mainly because, like myself, most of yours is made up of wishful thinking.

I didn't reply to your post, because basically it was the same **** over and over.
    From my side of the fence, irrespective of COVID/Ukraine, Brexit hasn't had a chance for many reasons.
    1.Time - we was in the EU/Morphs for nearly 50 years. Everyone knew it was going to get worse instead of better immediately.
    You and your mate were howling after 6 months.
    2. The Government has failed to deliver on so many fronts, with what it promised as well. Still bound by EU laws/rules+ politicians doing their best to scupper everything. Not seizing the chance to open ourselves up properly.

They will pay for that next election. I loaned them my vote in 2019, they have taken it for granted.
    Not again they won't.
    So my friend, the noises you want to hear, have to echo your own, or you are not interested.
    The opinion hasn't changed much with either camp.
    Henning here is one of my favourote comedians and he sums it up brilliantly.
    Top bloke, look him up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxtB8f4WcIw

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Actually RA, it was a joke.
    I even used an emoji, like you are fond of using to help you. Your sense of humour seems to only be on your rules mucker.
    You and Swale are right and wrong over so much. Mainly because, like myself, most of yours is made up of wishful thinking.

I didn't reply to your post, because basically it was the same **** over and over.
    From my side of the fence, irrespective of COVID/Ukraine, Brexit hasn't had a chance for many reasons.
    1.Time - we was in the EU/Morphs for nearly 50 years. Everyone knew it was going to get worse instead of better immediately.
    You and your mate were howling after 6 months.
    2. The Government has failed to deliver on so many fronts, with what it promised as well. Still bound by EU laws/rules+ politicians doing their best to scupper everything. Not seizing the chance to open ourselves up properly.

They will pay for that next election. I loaned them my vote in 2019, they have taken it for granted.
    Not again they won't.
    So my friend, the noises you want to hear, have to echo your own, or you are not interested.
    The opinion hasn't changed much with either camp.
    Henning here is one of my favourote comedians and he sums it up brilliantly.
    Top bloke, look him up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxtB8f4WcIw
    Very funny live, was lucky enough to see him a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You’ve spent 6 years on transmit rA. Just listen for once. I’m not a defender of Brexit, I voted remain. But I do defend the right of people who expressed a preference for an outcome, and who’s preference won according to the rules of engagement openly agreed, to have their preference respected. If you want the alternative, ie democratic votes ignored, I’m happy to fund a one way ticket to, let’s say, Belarus for you.

As it happens, Swale’s poll info is supported by evidence, but I’m not inclined to spend much time offering detailed responses to any of his points when his responses are laced with ‘gammon’, ‘racist’, ‘bigot’, ‘idiot’ etc at anyone who doesn’t share his entrenched worldview, as I mentioned it’s a typical tactic of Swale types elsewhere on social media and I don’t respond in detail there either
    You never learn AF. Virtually every single time your argument fails because you resort to deliberate misinterpretation and exaggeration.
    The most recent example was with regard to yesterday’s match and the league table come Jan. 1st when you attempted to ridicule my optimism by deliberately and blatantly distorting what I had said.
    It’s a repeated and regular tactic of yours and yesterday’s example was one of the most typical, just full of falsehood.

As far as Brexit is concerned NO ONE - not me, not Swale, not MA, not Keir Starmer - has suggested we ‘ignore a democratic vote’ and, apart from the blatant lies that were told, NO ONE has suggested that ‘the rules of engagement’ were not ‘openly agreed’.
    We are however six years down the road and all the evidence, imo and that of others, is that the reality of Brexit appears to be doing much more harm than good.

When previous exponents of Brexit, such as those Swale identified, begin to question its wisdom then surely even such political happy clappers as yourself should begin to recognise that something is seriously wrong and that some sort of renegotiation MIGHT offer a better way forward. Moreover, when those of us who always opposed Brexit ask for examples of how OUR country is benefitting from it and the response is nothing more than stupid noises or absolute silence...doesn’t that speak volumes?

Despite how you, GP and Tricky attempt to portray things I am no one’s apologist or protector. For what it’s worth I wish Swale hadn’t used the term ‘gammon’...not least because it provides you with the only ammunition you have...however your description of him using the other terms you describe on a REGULAR BASIS is unfounded. Has he done in the past? Yes. Has he done on a regular recent basis? No.

So...looking beyond your hyperbole...no request to ignore a democratic vote...no suggestion that the rules weren’t agreed...no recent mention of ‘racist’, ‘bigot’, ‘idiot etc’.
    Equally...when asked for examples of how the country is benefiting from the benefits of Brexit...when asked for a response to the negative opinions of previously animated Brexit supporters...when the Northern Ireland question (you know...the one we were all told would be simply resolved) is raised the responses have been completely unforthcoming.

That, imo, should be a source of great concern, rather than you opting out of sensible discussion because you object to one of 300+ words.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 30-10-2022 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    Very funny live, was lucky enough to see him a few years ago.
    I jealous mucker. I think he's brill.
    Funny man on 8 out of 10 cats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjsbPc_73xA

Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)