+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Thread: O/T. To misquote Henry II...

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Sorry...bit of a misunderstanding, Tricky. You are the arch Brexiteer on here. I don’t want a government publication from the now discredited former, former PM or for you to answer one question with another.
    Could YOU please tell us of a single advantage YOU’VE experienced as a result of Brexit. More than one if you like.
    You got the wrong end of the stick there.

The list I gave you, was Johnsons words of what we are now able to achieve.
    He failed and so have his party. In fact it should have warmed your cockles.

They have failed to do so much, being free from EU rules like giving away projects to EU firms at the expense of our people.
    They have failed to do the easist things, like slam the bloody borders shut to all the con artists flooding in.
    BEFORE YOU AND YOUR MATE GO OFF ON ONE, I am not talking about any migrants, I am talking about unauthorised ones.

Lets just rewind 8 years ago. Keith Vaz/Cameron/Blair/even this Romainan clown, said that all the fears of Romanians coming here were false and they didn't expect any more than 10 000, as there were already here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaJXjTNOEe4

Well for your info, 500 000 have now arrived and they are only 4th on the list|?
    Now in your part of the world, you may not have seen/felt that. But many areas like. Sheffiled have.

Me personnally? Seeing as I took ill health retirement, no difference directly.
    But I still have the golden egg, of knowing the UK can not be dragged along into the EUSSR project.
    You will see, the plan inside 20 years(if it survives!). The signs are, the cracks are growing.
    We didn't have to dive into the EU loans project either. We have enough debt of our own, never mind paying for others in Europe.
    Albania coming in next?
    At the moment Germany/Sweden are booting them out, because of the problems they bring. Soon they won't be able to do that.

As i told you, 50 years of a noose tightening. 3000 rules/regs still to untwine from our laws.
    You seem to think 50 years of control, was going to get washed away over night.
    Do I regret it?
    Nope, not at all. We tried to be reasonable, they were not.
    The die is cast

I guess that’ll be another, ‘I can’t’ then...nothing at all...other than your own self satisfaction at avoiding any sort of USofE scenario.

Personally I’d actually feel safer if we were a whole lot more united just at the moment what with Putin and the fuel crisis...oh and the migrant issue which is actually, imo, a global crisis which requires a grown up answer rather than disunited squabbling. Still don’t expect you to agree with that.

Btw...I’ve told you before...I don’t have any ‘mates’ on here. ‘Mates’ are for matches, the pub, walks...that kind of (real) stuff. This is an online forum...just people I agree with and support and people I disagree with and argue against. Simple as that.

I guess that’ll be another, ‘I can’t’ then...nothing at all...other than your own self satisfaction at avoiding any sort of USofE scenario.

Personally I’d actually feel safer if we were a whole lot more united just at the moment what with Putin and the fuel crisis...oh and the migrant issue which is actually, imo, a global crisis which requires a grown up answer rather than disunited squabbling. Still don’t expect you to agree with that.

Btw...I’ve told you before...I don’t have any ‘mates’ on here. ‘Mates’ are for matches, the pub, walks...that kind of (real) stuff. This is an online forum...just people I agree with and support and people I disagree with and argue against. Simple as that.
    You can't argue with Thicky rA, he doesn't know what Brexit has done for him, but he knows its better than an economically prosperous future in the EU!

In the end we will be back in the single market fairly soon, economic reality demands it. We are already creeping back in to joint working on defence, reality has demanded that thought whisper it to Thicky, as he will become paranoid about the EU army that was never on the cards.

There's been a European Army of sorts for decades. It's called NATO. The Americans are in on it too.

An Army of Lovers would be better....

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    You can't argue with Thicky rA, he doesn't know what Brexit has done for him, but he knows its better than an economically prosperous future in the EU!

In the end we will be back in the single market fairly soon, economic reality demands it. We are already creeping back in to joint working on defence, reality has demanded that thought whisper it to Thicky, as he will become paranoid about the EU army that was never on the cards.
    I know, and I’m not trying to really...but as the sole remaining genuine Brexit supporter on here I keep giving him the opportunity to provide examples of its benefits and he repeatedly won’t or can’t...imo because there aren’t any.

Sure you’re right about the single market and as MA suggests...we already have what is effectively a European/Western army so that was always a red herring.

Imo, if you find yourself in a hole...it’s best to stop digging, and Brexit has dumped this country in a very deep hole. Some of course will bang on conveniently about a change of strategy being undemocratic but when democracy has led to a monumental screw up you need to change direction...ask Truss/Kwarteng...I think that spectacular volte-face took all of five days.

Sure you’re right about the single market and as MA suggests...we already have what is effectively a European/Western army so that was always a red herring.
    So it's just a red herring is it?

Where do you want to start?
    Juncker?
    Merkel?
    Macron?
    VDL?

Ms von der Leyen argued that given the dangers facing Europe and the West today, the continent needs to be self-sufficient in defending itself, and can do so by closely integrating its military forces. She added in her article for Handelsblatt: "'Europe has to build an army', Wolfgang Clement wrote in this space yesterday. He's right!

Delude yourself all you want. The Political leadership of the EU WANTS THIS. It takes a step closer every year.
    NATO has kept the peace in europe for 70 years.
    Why is it even being discussed?
    Perhaps dissent from countries like Poland and Hungary can be futher imtimidated other than threats of fund withdrawal?

Like the blind leading the blind.

NATO is absolutely fine by me.

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)