+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. To misquote Henry II...

O/T. To misquote Henry II...

Who will rid us of this troublesome Prime Minister? Even this shockingly poor excuse for a human being and a PM can’t survive today can he?

Thoughts about who or what comes next?

My thoughts are just keep this away from football threads, other than that fill your boots

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    My thoughts are just keep this away from football threads, other than that fill your boots
    Hence the ‘O/T’, Andy...or have the rules changed without any of us being told?

The equally O/T Covid, Brexit, Ukraine and Cricket threads (11k replies between them) don’t seem to have done too badly. Not sure of your point.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 05-07-2022 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hence the ‘O/T’, Andy...or have the rules changed without any of us being told?

The equally O/T Covid, Brexit and Cricket threads (11k replies between them) don’t seem to have done too badly.
    No the rules haven't changed but you sometimes can't help yourself and slip such references into footy threads and I find that as irritating as you find TTR (well maybe not quite)

No the rules haven't changed but you sometimes can't help yourself and slip such references into footy threads and I find that as irritating as you find TTR (well maybe not quite)
    I’d love an example...but this is marked perfectly correctly and not ‘slipped’ into a football thread so if I were you I’d turn your mod’s attention to those who seek to cause offence and jeopardise this forum by inciting violent behaviour rather than criticising my topical post.
    IMO most forum members are perfectly capable of judging for themselves whether they wish to comment on something or not.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 05-07-2022 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’d love an example...but this is marked perfectly correctly and not ‘slipped’ into a football thread so if I were you I’d turn your mod’s attention to those who seek to cause offence and jeopardise this forum by inciting violent behaviour rather than criticising my topical post.
    IMO most forum members are perfectly capable of judging for themselves whether they wish to comment on something or not.
    I think this exchange sums up our so called Mod in a nutshell, completely ignores the antics of a poster who has been banned from virtually every other Forum, for reasons which don't make sense. But I'd hazard a guess he doesn't like doing what others suggest, so its sheer cussedness that means the prat is still with us.

Then start criticising you, when your thread was marked O/T in accordance with Forum practice!

Still I guess his arse must be well sore from his fence sitting.

Anyway back on the topic of the thread, mm well its a bit rich that Javid and Sunak have only now decided to resign, presumably solely because they can see that their future career is now tainted by association with the clown? My view would be you have both been shown to have no judgement and no integrity.

I do hope the Clown stays put, we do after all need a continuing farce to actually remind people what they voted for!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I think this exchange sums up our so called Mod in a nutshell, completely ignores the antics of a poster who has been banned from virtually every other Forum, for reasons which don't make sense. But I'd hazard a guess he doesn't like doing what others suggest, so its sheer cussedness that means the prat is still with us.

Then start criticising you, when your thread was marked O/T in accordance with Forum practice!

Still I guess his arse must be well sore from his fence sitting.

Anyway back on the topic of the thread, mm well its a bit rich that Javid and Sunak have only now decided to resign, presumably solely because they can see that their future career is now tainted by association with the clown? My view would be you have both been shown to have no judgement and no integrity.

I do hope the Clown stays put, we do after all need a continuing farce to actually remind people what they voted for!
    As I've explained to anyone who asked, the problem with banning/otherwise sanctioning anyone is differentiating their actions from those of others. Example, there'sonly one poster who repeatedly tells other posters to **** off and describes half the population as thick. should I ban him?

Edit: Sorry 37%
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 05-07-2022 at 09:05 PM.

As I've explained to anyone who asked, the problem with banning/otherwise sanctioning anyone is differentiating their actions from those of others. Example, there'sonly one poster who repeatedly tells other posters to **** off and describes half the population as thick. should I ban him?
    Swale may have told someone to **** off (he’s not the only one) and he may have (rightly imo as things have turned out) described the referendum result as stupid.
    You could have done something about the first offence but you didn’t. The second is just his opinion so quite irrelevant.
    Either way...neither compare with the actions of DCFCA actively condoning/inciting the damaging of a visiting club chairman’s car which is exactly what he did and I’m genuinely sorry...but if you don’t recognise the difference and the seriousness of that action you need to hand the role over to someone who does.
    As a result of DCFCA’s posts one regular poster, GP, has already left. Others...MA, Stenson, mac, Swale and myself have all drawn your attention to the Rob Couhig car threat. Can we all be wrong and you alone right?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 05-07-2022 at 09:27 PM.

rA, Ironically your repeated defences of Swale are reminiscent of govt ministers blindly defending the PM

I keep note of all 'offences' and assess sanction based on severity and repitition over time, a bit like a referee. Also like a referee ( a good one that is) I'm resistent to mob action

However, incitement to commit damage to a named person's property is beyond the pale. I saw the post within a few minutes of it being posted, but as I've said to you recently I 'have a life' and that life kept me away from my computer til this evening, at which point I issued a seven day ban

Incidentally, no-one has left the forum, you know that full well and again such doublespeak is reminiscent of HMG. We are in fact up by a few contributors (three or four) in recent weeks
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 05-07-2022 at 09:51 PM.

rA, Ironically your repeated defences of Swale are reminiscent of govt ministers blindly defending the PM

I keep note of all 'offences' and assess sanction based on severity and repitition over time, a bit like a referee. Also like a referee ( a good one that is) I'm resistent to mob action

However, incitement to commit damage to a named person's property is beyond the pale. I saw the post within a few minutes of it being posted, but as I've said to you recently I 'have a life' and that life kept me away from my computer til this evening, at which point I issued a seven day ban

Incidentally, no-one has left the forum, you know that full well and again such doublespeak is reminiscent of HMG. We are in fact up by a few contributors (three or four) in recent weeks
    1. Thought you condemned ‘cross threading’ politics with other matters and I haven’t defended Swale. Look at what I said. If he breaks the rules and you punish him that’s his problem. He did...you didn’t...but he’s not the only one to tell someone to **** off on here and it doesn’t compare with ‘incitement to commit damage’.

2. Objections from the likes of mac, MA, Stenson, Swale and myself does not constitute ‘mob rule’. We have been the bedrock of this forum for a while and were right to object.

3. Very pleased you’ve done something at last. Not before time and a pity you didn’t explain your actions more quickly which would have helped enormously in the circumstances.

4. Please stop your patronising ‘I have a life’ comment as if the rest of us don’t. Mine may be temporarily on ‘Covid hold’ at the moment but you’re the one who wanted to be moderator and you’re the one who repeatedly tells everyone how experienced you are at such matters. Personally I’ve not had a problem with your moderating style until recently but MA is offering to help and clearly your new found ‘life’ has left you needing support.

5. ‘No one has left the forum’. Really? So regular poster GP not posting since last Friday, having said he would not return until DCFCA had been removed, is just my imagination is it?
    You may be of the opinion that he overreacted and could use the ‘ignore’ facility. I might even agree, but for the last five days, at a time when his professional insight would have been very valuable over matters such as the takeover and Buchanan’s contract he has not been seen.
    Hopefully, following your appropriate if belated action, he may now return.

Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)