+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Match Thread vs. Basford Utd. 05.07.22 [PSF]

Quote Originally Posted by for*sttown63 View Post
    Got this for xmas a few years back....cracking present!
    Missed out on the nostalgia niche I'm afraid.
    I would have gone with the white with black chevron from the top line with its' neighbour the chocolate and sky blue halves as the away kit.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Having just watched the highlights I hope we never play away when its a bit misty cause in that away strip the Notts players won’t even see each other never mind pass the sodding ball to each other! - Whoever chose that colour strip must be bonkers, they may as well have chosen a DPM pattern. The brighter the shirt - the easier to see the player and make the pass. Absolute bonkers and will no doubt cost us a few away points.
    On the other hand Banjo, if we can't see our players then neither can the enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    On the other hand Banjo, if we can't see our players then neither can the enemy!
    It doesn’t work like that apparently, the two main types of vision are ‘Central vision’ which focuses on objects of particular interest and ‘peripheral vision’ which Is when something from the side attracts your attention. As an example, Highway & railway workers wear hi-viz jackets/vests because the bright colour makes them stand out in both central & peripheral vision. The same when the sensible cyclists wear hi-viz, drivers spot them easily so wearing insipid colour shirts will just fade in to the back-ground and our players will be unseen.

ps, I am not a optician, I googled the first bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A bit of a porky there matt, you are a good example of those who only say positive things. Nothing wrong with that at all, it must be great to see everything in a positive and optimistic light. It's just not a balanced view, it's the flip side of the negative coin.
    Have to say I don't post much these days. When I do I admit I always try to find a positive but only to balance up the always negative.

So for balance, I really don't like the away kit, having seen the home kit in the flesh I really like it (I didn't in the release photos).

Agree with you about the green shirt and Outlaws, in fact that is why I bought one.

At times it can feel like a (positive) drop in the (neagative) NCM ocean.

But it is a very important drop and should be encouraged.

#balance
    #PVO

I get that some people will have a more negative, possibly realistic view of things Notts County related, but do dislike the odd few that just post negative comments to wind up suckers like me 😁

Misery and constant negatively, especially combined is very rarely likeable.

However I wouldn't let it wind you up 59, it's just how some people are. It's better to just to highlight, point and laugh a la Nelson Muntz

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Misery and constant negatively, especially combined is very rarely likeable.

However I wouldn't let it wind you up 59, it's just how some people are. It's better to just to highlight, point and laugh a la Nelson Muntz
    Or it might be better to realise that you can't pretend to know how anyone lives there life based on a few footy messageboard posts.

Unless you think you're really, really, really clever of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Or it might be better to realise that you can't pretend to know how anyone lives there life based on a few footy messageboard posts.

Unless you think you're really, really, really clever of course.
    That a valid point, you shouldn't pretend to know what someone else does or doesn't do based on when they do or don't post

You also shouldn't report opinion as fact IMHO. That happens far too often.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910