+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Basford Utd. 05.07.22 [PSF]

1-5 a few mins ago.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    1-5 a few mins ago.
    Nice start. I don’t read anything in to friendlies but it won’t hurt to have some of the new lads scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    There's definitely a player in there, I just really hope he can find it.
    A good detective wouldn't find one

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Nice start. I don’t read anything in to friendlies but it won’t hurt to have some of the new lads scoring.
    Won't be getting carried away with that performance !

They were ****e and we were,well,not quite so ****e.

They could only draw 3-3 with Clifton All Whites on Saturday.

Good warm up tonight.
    It’s going to be fascinating to see which team starts the first game.
    You could see Langstaff and Scott want the ball played through and they’ll push defences deeper.
    We’ve got quality in depth but if Roberts is going to be one of the three midfielders, I still feel we need to compensate that with a player that I’m not sure we currently have.
    I thought Mitchell worked hard in the first half, Palmer oozed class and Nemane was very effective in the second half.
    All the newbies looked good.
    Oh god, here comes the optimism again!

How did young Luther look?

Ruben Rodrigues, Macaulay Langstaff, Cedwyn Scott and Kyle Cameron were all on the scoresheet as we ran out convincing winners in our first pre-season friendly.

Luke Williams handed 45 minutes to all available players, with Aden Baldwin missing out as a precaution and Tiernan Brooks making way for trialist goalkeeper Jackson Smith, who played the second half.

Another trialist, James Morton, looked assured in defensive midfield in the first half but was helpless to prevent us going a goal down against the run of play on 14 minutes when Anthony Dwyer finished from close range.

It wasn't long before we were back on terms, the lively Rodrigues scrambling the ball home shortly before an own goal from Joel Taylor's cross put us ahead.

We pressed on after the break and had our third when Aaron Nemane scampered into the box and cut the ball back for Langstaff to finish.

Cameron then got in on the act with a looping header following a goalkeeper error, before Scott rounded off the scoring with a clinical finish from the edge of the area.

We're next in action in a behind-closed-doors friendly at Leicester City on Saturday. Live stream details will follow in due course.

First-half XI: Slocombe; Chicksen, Rawlinson, Brindley; Taylor, Adebayo-Rowling; Morton (T), Palmer, Austin, Rodrigues; Mitchell

Second-half XI: Jackson (T); Cameron, Francis, Bajrami; Munakandafa, Nemane; Vincent, O'Brien, Roberts; Scott, Langstaff

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/basford-match-report-050722/

Quote Originally Posted by nottsfever View Post
    How did young Luther look?
    Played wide left, did ok. Looked maybe a nit nervy at first as you might expect on debut.Had one good run with a few stopovers and a shot that forced the keeper to put it behind.

And the somewhat more detailed Basford Utd. version...featuring 'Adam Chicken'!

Notts County ran out 5-1 winners at a sun-kissed Greenwich Avenue on Tuesday night.

United took an early lead through Anthony Dwyer's second in as many outings, but Rueben Rodrigues and an own goal from Mitchell Tait put County ahead at the break.

Debutant Macauley Langstaff added a third in the second period before defender Kyle Cameron looped a header home with 11 minutes remaining.

Cedwyn Scott added a fifth late on after good play by Cal Roberts.

In front of a packed crowd – eager to see the Magpies for the first time under new boss Luke Williams – the visitors started well and went close through Rodrigues before Matty Palmer skied over.

United defended resiliently for the opening stages and, on the break after just 14 minutes, went ahead.

An over-the-top pass from Harvey Grice saw Courey Grantham break the offside trap and his delicate lateral pass found Dwyer who slotted confidently beyond Sam Slocombe.

Lewis Carr had to be at his sharpest to deny Adam Chicken’s dangerous cross from finding Rodrigues, but a home lead was ultimately short-lived.

On the half-hour, the Portuguese benefited from a fortunate bounce after a goalmouth scramble to prod beyond Kieran Preston.

County did have the ball in the net, only for jubilant celebrations to be cut short, however another dangerous cross from the left saw the unfortunate Tait bundle into his own net 10 minutes before the break.

A host of changes saw a near-new side for Williams’ men take to the pitch for the second period and a recent recruit in Macaulay Langstaff saw a free-kick harmlessly bend around Preston’s post six minutes after the restart.

But it wasn’t long before a third was added when Aaron Nemane’s direct approach saw him pull one back for Scott and deflected strike eventually fell to Langstaff who slammed into the roof of the net.

Academy product Gianni Musson made only his second appearance for the senior side, replacing Preston with 71 played and there were more minutes for Ollie Clark who steps up his recovery from injury.

Callum Frogson and Jordan Haywood secured more important game time - a testament to the academy pathway. Roberts’ dangerous cross was flicked over by Langstaff before Cameron's floated header dropped beyond the young Musson for a fourth.

With 82 played, another debutant in Scott took aim and fired low beyond the young 'keeper, possibly via a post, as County secured a first win under their new boss.

United are back in action on Friday night as they welcome Nottingham Forest U23s to Greenwich Avenue (7.30pm).

Att: 1214

https://www.basfordunited.com/news/report-united-13-notts-county-2712544.html
    Last edited by SwalePie; 05-07-2022 at 09:45 PM.

A fairly pleasant way to pass an evening, but a bit frustrating that the players didn't wear squad numbers so I still don't quite know who is who. The game was as expected, very one-sided and the score probably flattered them more than us. Hard to determine our playing style under 'Willball', because they never pressed us high so we never needed to piss about at the back. I spent a while behind the away dugout in the second half (which was about two yards away) mainly to listen to the new coaching team, and LW is definitely more animated and vocal than RH. I mostly liked what I heard, because the advice was to get forward far more than to drop back. I don't know if "treble, treble" is a common coaching term, but it was repeatedly used.

I didn't really like the new kits after seeing the pics, but after seeing both in the flesh I now dislike them even more. The away kit is so insipid it looks like something that has gone wrong in the wash and you would only use for gardening. The home kit just doesn't look like a Notts shirt, it looks like a hybrid of our worst ever home shirts. I realise you don't get points for stylish kit, but I won't be buying either of them even if I see them going for a fiver on ebay. It was noticeable that 'Langstaff 9' was by far the most popular name / number combo.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast