+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2022/23 Fixtures

Don't want to say it's an omen, but the Maidenhead game will be the first time I've seen the opening game of the season at Meadow Lane since the 5-0 thumping of the Bradford massive in 2009. Bloody hope it's an omen, though.

Gateshead away on a Tuesday night. How nice of them. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Notts_Pie View Post
    Gateshead away on a Tuesday night. How nice of them. 🙄
    On my birthday an all

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Quite a tricky opening month with so many sides who made the play offs.
    But a very decent looking final 15 games, with Wrexham looking the only difficult fixture.

Get the points on the board early, and we might just do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    But a very decent looking final 15 games, with Wrexham looking the only difficult fixture.

Get the points on the board early, and we might just do something.
    Yeah, strangely similar to last season!

Our chances of promotion will be determined by avoiding the silly defeats we suffered last season to the teams we should expect to beat, especially away from home. We'll need to show more ability to grind out results when we're maybe not at our best, which has been a real achilles heel for the past three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Yeah, strangely similar to last season!

Our chances of promotion will be determined by avoiding the silly defeats we suffered last season to the teams we should expect to beat, especially away from home. We'll need to show more ability to grind out results when we're maybe not at our best, which has been a real achilles heel for the past three seasons.
    And I think most will agree that whilst some of the signings we have made look promising Wootton has not been replaced adequately YET and the midfield still looks a bit powderpuff. Given that the latter has still not been addressed and was probably a significant reason for a number of the silly defeats that is cause for concern. Hopefully this will be rectified before the start of the season. Otherwise based on the law of averages 5th place it is!

We'll have to move all our games that clash with the Reds, no taking it in turns as before

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    We'll have to move all our games that clash with the Reds, no taking it in turns as before
    I wouldn’t worry about that yet. Premiership games have a habit of being on Sunday or Monday night.
    Forest games that clash with us are v Liverpool Oct 22nd and Man Utd Apr 15th. 2 games that are likely to be moved for TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I wonder if the Chesterfield home game will be moved for TV?
    Quite happy the Wrexham home game is midweek. Yes we lose a bumper crowd, but they won’t have 2000-3000 cheering them off on.
    Not the worst Boxing Day or New Year fixture. Oldham should be fairly accessible without having to spend 8 hours on the road/train.
    All in all, quite happy with the fixtures. Well as happy I can be given the League we are in.
    So I was right about the Chesterfield home game. Moved to the evening for BT.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123