+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/1 bar

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    To announce she is running within the next 24 hours. Apparently quite popular with a lot of people.

I would.
    You'd need a truss to hold it up when attempting entry, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    To announce she is running within the next 24 hours. Apparently quite popular with a lot of people.

I would.
    I get that politics is getting more and more like 'Murica where folk vote solely for the person, rather than a party with a manifesto/policies/cogent socio-political strategies etc.

I understand all that.

What I cannot understand is why such utterly incompetent, ignorant, obnoxious pieces of absolute trash, like Johnson, Truss......and every other cu nt in this moribund tory leadership contest would attract anything other than wholesale opprobrium from the populace at large.

Even if you have a committed, lifelong support of an unfettered free-market or "small government " (sic), how on earth could you be persuaded to vote for a party led by any of the fu cking warts that have held the top job recently.

It beggars fu cking belief.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I get that politics is getting more and more like 'Murica where folk vote solely for the person, rather than a party with a manifesto/policies/cogent socio-political strategies etc.

I understand all that.

What I cannot understand is why such utterly incompetent, ignorant, obnoxious pieces of absolute trash, like Johnson, Truss......and every other cu nt in this moribund tory leadership contest would attract anything other than wholesale opprobrium from the populace at large.

Even if you have a committed, lifelong support of an unfettered free-market or "small government " (sic), how on earth could you be persuaded to vote for a party led by any of the fu cking warts that have held the top job recently.

It beggars fu cking belief.
    But then, we’re speaking about a foreign country, a foreign people.

Who knows how they’re thought processes work?

Truss announces her candidacy without immediately announcing her second in command.

2/1

Have the tories ever had such a bunch of self serving cnuts at Westminster? When Jeremy Hunt is deemed a moderate, you know the country is f**ked.

The Better Together voters really done us proud back in 2014.

Every single one of them is in favour of deporting refugees to Rwanda. They are absolute scum. That’s before you even start on all the other sh1t.

This will never get any better. England has lost its marbles

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Every single one of them is in favour of deporting refugees to Rwanda. They are absolute scum. That’s before you even start on all the other sh1t.

This will never get any better. England has lost its marbles
    We will see.

You've got to remember that there are only two competitions they need to win at the moment. The first is to get ultimately 51% of current tory mp's to vote for you, who in the main are swivel-eyed brexiteer loonies so you need to play to that audience. The second is to win 51% of tory members (only about 200,000 people who are a mix of blue-rinse brigade and swivel-eyed brexiteer loonies - not mutually exclusive). The likes of Rwanda plays well into both of those groups of people so you need to be seen to be supporting it.

Come the day of the next General Election, brexit won't be anywhere near as much of an issue as the last election nor will there be "Corbyn the bogeyman" to vote against so the next tory PM will need to move back to the centre ground to prevent being wiped out by Labour (might still be wiped out anyway) so expect the likes of the Rwanda policy to be quietly dropped with all the blame being put at the ECHR.

Of course if the like of Liz Truss wins, Rwanda type policies will be front and centre so put every pound you can lay your hands on on a Labour victory at the next GE as not even englandshire are stupid enough to vote for her en-masse

Have you learned nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Have you learned nothing?
    It's strawman politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    We will see.

You've got to remember that there are only two competitions they need to win at the moment. The first is to get ultimately 51% of current tory mp's to vote for you, who in the main are swivel-eyed brexiteer loonies so you need to play to that audience. The second is to win 51% of tory members (only about 200,000 people who are a mix of blue-rinse brigade and swivel-eyed brexiteer loonies - not mutually exclusive). The likes of Rwanda plays well into both of those groups of people so you need to be seen to be supporting it.
    It would be nice to think that if all these candidates need to big up the Rwanda policy just to curry favour with their colleagues then they may well think they are in the wrong party.

Of course none of them will because the truth is they couldn't give a sh*t.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast