+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ot - Eid al Adha, Eid Mubarak

ot - Eid al Adha, Eid Mubarak

A wo laying in bed this morning and could hear a general hubbub of conversation and excitement artside on the street. A oppund curtains and there to greet my eyes was a colourful and vibrant scene of members of the local Muslim heritage community on their way to pray at the mosque. All dressed in their fine new clothes, a bit like Whitsun Weekend used to be for us Doduth Bottom ragamuffins.
    Today is the start of five days celebrating the biggest of the two Eids honouring the willingness of Ibrahim to sacrifice his son Ismail as an act of obedience to Allah's command. Big parties are held with loads of food with everybody dressed in their finery. Local men in their twenties hire big cars and tour the streets blasting car horns.
    I shall be art to drink in the scenes and hopefully leet on some spare food fo free.

Eid Mubarak !
    Last edited by SBRed48; 09-07-2022 at 09:20 AM.

Bet they're not wearing face masks

Quote Originally Posted by GRASS SOD View Post
    Bet they're not wearing face masks
    Neither are the non Muslims GS.

Covid has been beaten thanks to Boris.

Eid? That’s why professional cricket player Adil Rashid, incidentally contracted to play for England and Yorkshire, isn’t fulfilling his playing obligations because he’s fecked off to Mecca.

I’ve been a big fan of his, hoping he would be a catalyst for the bridge building between our Asian neighbours and participation in professional sport.

He has well and truly burst my balloon, calls himself professional …. My arse.

Hope he doesn’t get selected again.

I have given up on Rashid Eths for a few seasons and nowt to do with religion.

How many times has he worn the Yorkshire shirt over the last few seasons?

Bowls too many pies as well for me.

It's all about him not the shirt or the cricket supporters.

If Yorkshire re-new his contract it's nowt to do with cricket that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Eid? That’s why professional cricket player Adil Rashid, incidentally contracted to play for England and Yorkshire, isn’t fulfilling his playing obligations because he’s fecked off to Mecca.

I’ve been a big fan of his, hoping he would be a catalyst for the bridge building between our Asian neighbours and participation in professional sport.

He has well and truly burst my balloon, calls himself professional …. My arse.

Hope he doesn’t get selected again.
    Ed some good neets in Mecca Eths! Laiked Eid n Sikh rarnd back a few times anorl !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A wo laying in bed this morning and could hear a general hubbub of conversation and excitement artside on the street. A oppund curtains and there to greet my eyes was a colourful and vibrant scene of members of the local Muslim heritage community on their way to pray at the mosque. All dressed in their fine new clothes, a bit like Whitsun Weekend used to be for us Doduth Bottom ragamuffins.
    Today is the start of five days celebrating the biggest of the two Eids honouring the willingness of Ibrahim to sacrifice his son Ismail as an act of obedience to Allah's command. Big parties are held with loads of food with everybody dressed in their finery. Local men in their twenties hire big cars and tour the streets blasting car horns.
    I shall be art to drink in the scenes and hopefully leet on some spare food fo free.

Eid Mubarak !
    wat soorta snap is it ? Tha dunt want to be eytin all that hot spicy stuff this weather ,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Ed some good neets in Mecca Eths! Laiked Eid n Sikh rarnd back a few times anorl !!!!
    and hide the sosig?

😯🤭🤫

Have mentioned before that my wife is Muslim, so she is back in Jakarta with family.

She asked me the other day if I was okay, I said fine.

Been eating Barnsley Pork Chops everyday and enjoying some very nice red wine

Alhamdulillah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast