+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ot - In support of Boris

ot - In support of Boris

As an environmentalist - any hope of gaining a fair deal for our environment during the post Brexit period has died with the sacking of Boris.
    Steve Baker isn’t standing for PM - but the new PM will seek support from Baker and his right wing buddies within the Conservative Party.

If / when the Tories start rowing back on their environment commitment - then I’m expecting farmers to be given handouts paid for by tax payers.
    And green infrastructure projects to be abandoned which will negatively impact efforts to offset climate change.
    It’s concerning.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 09-07-2022 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    As an environmentalist - any hope of gaining a fair deal for our environment during the post Brexit period has died with the sacking of Boris.
    Steve Baker isn’t standing for PM - but the new PM will seek support from Baker and his right wing buddies within the Conservative Party.

If / when the Tories start rowing back on their environment commitment - then I’m expecting farmers to be given handouts paid for by tax payers.
    And green infrastructure projects to be abandoned which will negatively impact efforts to offset climate change.
    It’s concerning.
    I'm probably the worst informed enviromentalist you'll meet , educate me on Boris Johnson and what's so damaging about his removal from office for people such as yourself .

Been enough hot air this week to cause more severe damage to climate change ,
    Shooit lotterum , all as bad as wunanutha ,

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm probably the worst informed enviromentalist you'll meet , educate me on Boris Johnson and what's so damaging about his removal from office for people such as yourself .
    Firstly - Boris has always described himself as a ‘Green Tory’.
    Boris’s dad Stanley is responsible for compiling the EU regulations surrounding wildlife eg Habitats regs.

After Brexit most of the environment and wildlife legislation is up for debate - large changes are likely.
    Carrie and Boris have mutual friends - the Goldsmith brothers Zac and Ben.
    Both brothers are leading environmentalists in this country and abroad.

All the palaver surrounding accusations that Carrie (his wife) was influencing policy - well IMO that is true as both Zac and Ben have been put into jobs by Boris so they are able to influence decisions to get the best outcome from the post Brexit environmental negotiations.

Most Conservative MPs hate this environmental approach - as most are in the pocket of wealthy landowners (farmers) and developers.
    The newly appointed PM will want supporter from the Tory backbenchers - so expect our environment and wildlife to be damaged as a result of this.

As for Labour - it’s no good looking towards them - they haven’t a clue about the environment - they just arn’t saying anything.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 09-07-2022 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Firstly - Boris has always described himself as a ‘Green Tory’.
    Boris’s dad Stanley is responsible for compiling the EU regulations surrounding wildlife eg Habitats regs.

After Brexit most of the environment and wildlife legislation is up for debate - large changes are likely.
    Carrie and Boris have mutual friends - the Goldsmith brothers Zac and Ben.
    Both brothers are leading environmentalists in this country and abroad.

All the palaver surrounding accusations that Carrie (his wife) was influencing policy - well IMO that is true as both Zac and Ben have been put into jobs by Boris so they are able to influence decisions to get the best outcome from the post Brexit environmental negotiations.

Most Conservative MPs hate this environmental approach - as most are in the pocket of wealthy landowners (farmers) and developers.
    The newly appointed PM will want supporter from the Tory backbenchers - so expect our environment and wildlife to be damaged as a result of this.

As for Labour - it’s no good looking towards them - they haven’t a clue about the environment - they just arn’t saying anything.
    Boris Johnson said many things and it's pretty safe to assume most of it was to pacify the public whilst he then did what ever next may keep him popular .

What makes you so sure this topic was as dear to his heart as you believe ?

Labour probably aren't saying anything because they haven't come up with anything as yet I presume .

Surely it's better not to over promise and then to under deliver