+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lucas paqueta hands in transfer request

lucas paqueta hands in transfer request

this will be interesting, he was our first choice target in January ahead of Bruno. Was reported that we will make a move as soon as a club bid for him

a midfield three of Bruno, Joelinton and Paqueta would be frightening especially if we had ASM and Diaby on the wings

Arsenal after him, too. London and European competition are big draws albeit we've got his best mate.

Thing is, our most pressing need is a striker so I suspect he'll end up with Arteta.

He wouldn't be cheap. And we're only going to spend so much.

I'd also like to see the money blown on a better quality of striker instead, thanks.

I'll be in the state of panic if we were only relying on Callum and Burn up front.

Who's place in the squad would Paqueta take? Might get £12 - £15 million for Shelvey which would bring the price of Paqueta down a bit. Just given S.Longstaff a new contract and i can't see Willock leaving (although i would swap him for Paqueta in a heartbeat)

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    He wouldn't be cheap. And we're only going to spend so much.

I'd also like to see the money blown on a better quality of striker instead, thanks.

I'll be in the state of panic if we were only relying on Callum and Burn up front.
    Tbf, Trini, Burn might do a better job than Wood...

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    That suggestion reminds me of how big Jack Charlton was devastating in the opposing boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    That suggestion reminds me of how big Jack Charlton was devastating in the opposing boxes.

Also John Charles before he was converted from defense to striker.

Sign him and a quality striker and we will be all set for the new season, Miggy Fraser and the Saint can play the wings and we can maybe get Diaby in in january but we cant miss the chance to sign Paqueta he is top class.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas:

"There are offers for him"

Hopefully one of them is from us!

From the little I know about him, does he play in Willock's position?

Can't see it happening, tbh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)