+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Womens Euros

Womens Euros

...I know.

But taking it for what it is, the French are not too shabby here. A couple of nice goals showing good touch and passing. 3rd goal was nice, but the goal keeping, my god.

I haven't watched any of this tournament yet. I see scorelines of like 13-2 in the domestic leagues and it puts me off

Standard is improving but not quickly enough for me!

I watched a bit of Netherlands game yesterday - was alright.

Better than the last time I watched womens football

France 5 - 0 Italy............at half-time!!............i rest my case!

No interest in it at all.

I was about to post asking if anyone’s watching it? It would appear that not many. Still doesn’t stop the BBC from ramming it down our throats at every opportunity.

They play like they are running on a ploughed field.

Just the 8 for England tonight

Looking at the impact that the push to promote women's football has had in schools, I'm all for it. I agree, it's out of proportion with the size of the sport as it currently is but, for me, it's because broadcasters and the media generally are playing catch-up.

Far more girls are playing-they'll happily kick a football around on the yard or join after-school clubs and it's great to see-there's absolutely no reason why this shouldn't be the case.

My problem with it is that, for me, it's a poorer ptoduct than the one I watch, i.e. the men's game. It's just not as physical, shots aren't as hard and the 'keepers are shocking for some reason.

Good for the young lasses Zip. They have to start somewhere to begin achieving and encouragement from the likes of you will go a long way.

Keep it up. There's also the benefit of the fitness aspect too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)