+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lionesses win their Euros group in some style

Lionesses win their Euros group in some style

Congrats to the England women's team! They played some cracking football too.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-07-11 215535.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  11.4 KB

Are Norway any good? Seems a grest result I admit I know close to zero about womens football.

Norway have some great attacking players including a former Ballon D’or winner, and were considered an outside favourite to win the tournament. Defensively they are shaky, as was obvious tonight - but England were just unplayable tonight. Beth Mead in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    Norway have some great attacking players including a former Ballon D’or winner, and were considered an outside favourite to win the tournament. Defensively they are shaky, as was obvious tonight - but England were just unplayable tonight. Beth Mead in particular.
    Best I've seen from any Lionesses side. Very impressive IMHO.

Match report here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62116242
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-07-2022 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    The defending was shaky? That’s a gross understatement. If Notts had defended like they did, NCM would have been in absolute meltdown. The amount of space afforded to England was criminal. England took full advantage to their credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The defending was shaky? That’s a gross understatement. If Notts had defended like they did, NCM would have been in absolute meltdown. The amount of space afforded to England was criminal. England took full advantage to their credit.
    I mean previous to this game the defence was considered shaky! Tonight they were atrocious. Static, didn’t jump, completely outclassed.

I was at the France v Italy game yesterday and I thought the Italians were bad, but Norway were somehow worse. England are definitely good enough to go all the way.

England women are another side that prove what a difference a coach can make with the same players. Florist are sadly another example, fingers crossed LW can have a similar affect on us, albeit we do have some new additions.
    It is refreshing to see players getting to their feet after being tackled, rather than rolling around in agony.
    One thing that does annoy me is the way they try and link the women's teams stats to that of the men, absolutely rubbish.

The womens game is still developing and there remains a massive gulf in quality between countries and clubs. That said it will only continue to improve as the coaching of girls improves.

Something that’s noticeable about the girls/womens set up at Notts for example is the quality of coaching they’re getting from U10s upwards. Notts girls teams appear to be regularly beating boys teams in the younger age groups. If you watch the Notts womens team the playing style mimics that of the mens teams. Again, down to coaching. Personally I think it’s great and long may it continue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast