Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
No idea why my Haydon Roberts post has been moved here...however I’m perfectly happy to be regarded as having a social conscience and a sense of social justice. Always have had...if that makes me ‘woke’ then so be it, but I don’t recall waking.
Maybe it’s just a combination of common sense and the way I was brought up...for which I remain immensely grateful.

There are aspects of modern life that I disagree with...I, generally, don’t believe in ‘positive discrimination’, I don’t believe that veganism is next to Godliness (whatever that is), I don’t believe that being homo***ual makes people particularly ‘cool’, but neither do I feel remotely threatened by those who do and that seems to be the difference.

I also couldn’t miss the irony identified in Swales’ final sentence (#17). Andy, after all you’ve chucked at me (and Swale) recently you really do need to give yourself a good talking to.

P.S. Just noticed that this thread has allegedly been started by me. It certainly wasn’t Mr. Moderator...indeed my only observation was that I couldn’t understand why the ‘New Signings’ thread had been taken over by ‘woke’ comments. Clearly ‘The Wokeness Thread’ has been started (twice) by no one other than yourself so please use your privilege to clarify that and remove my name from the thread.
I’ll sort the above out when I get home rA, I think you’ll find that any comments which had both footy and O/T comments were copied rather than moved but I’ll stand corrrcted