+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Alfreton Town 12.07.22 [PSF]

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    lLooking at your hunky avatar you should be down under with that prick you ****ing knob
    Has the navy returned?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Why the exclamation mark? Why shouldn’t it happen?
    Centre forward just starting his first professional contract should not look a better prospect at right wing back than the right wing back signed to play that position

EastCoast, why are you so angry chap? Take a breath and chill. Like you say they are friendlies… no need to be falling out with folk. Of course they are glorified training sessions, that’s why a lot of teams have a training session the same day, and Notts have done this previously (may be doing it now).
    Charging an entrance fee is part and parcel of football. What’s galling is that during next season away fans will be charged about a fiver less in the NL than travelling supporters at Premiership games will be charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Centre forward just starting his first professional contract should not look a better prospect at right wing back than the right wing back signed to play that position
    TAR signed from a lower league finding his feet. Young kid does well. I’d have liked TAR to have performed better. But, it’s no great drama?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    TAR signed from a lower league finding his feet. Young kid does well. I’d have liked TAR to have performed better. But, it’s no great drama?
    I'm not saying it is, but if we signed TAR as our starting wing back, we may have made an error in judgement. DKE looked better from what I've seen of TAR and I wasn't a massive fan of DKE but also DKE wasn't our starting right back last season, so have we gone backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I'm not saying it is, but if we signed TAR as our starting wing back, we may have made an error in judgement. DKE looked better from what I've seen of TAR and I wasn't a massive fan of DKE but also DKE wasn't our starting right back last season, so have we gone backwards?
    To me, the exclamation mark suggests it is a drama.

Anyway, after 120(?) mins of football I won’t be making a judgement. In the meantime, I’ll trust the Notts recruitment team based on the fact they’ve watched him a lot more than I have.

Great to see our YT players getting a run out with the first team. Thought Mahovo was the pick of them, looked quite assured on the ball.
    Alfreton looked a poor team but speaking to a couple of their fans they thought we looked slick and way better than Solihull who they lost 1-0 to on Saturday.
    Matt Rheade never really got a look in, Baldwin had him in his pocket.
    We're definitely playing with more intent under Williams than we ever did playing Burchball and Harley is noticeably more hands on as a coach than Doyle ever seemed to be.
    How it pans out when the league starts is a different matter but, we look far livelier so far this pre season than we have in quite a few years past.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Great to see our YT players getting a run out with the first team. Thought Mahovo was the pick of them, looked quite assured on the ball.
    Alfreton looked a poor team but speaking to a couple of their fans they thought we looked slick and way better than Solihull who they lost 1-0 to on Saturday.
    Matt Rheade never really got a look in, Baldwin had him in his pocket.
    We're definitely playing with more intent under Williams than we ever did playing Burchball and Harley is noticeably more hands on as a coach than Doyle ever seemed to be.
    How it pans out when the league starts is a different matter but, we look far livelier so far this pre season than we have in quite a few years past.
    We have had good pre seasons and been relegated, poor pre seasons and been promoted. Means nothing until the league starts.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    We have had good pre seasons and been relegated, poor pre seasons and been promoted. Means nothing until the league starts.
    Very true but over the last few years we looked garbage under Shaun Derry, at Hucknall RR he should have been sent off and we only won because we were fitter and we were terrible until he got sacked. Under Moniz we looked lightweight and unfit and Jenner, Sprockle and Co turned out to be just that and under Nolan we also looked under prepared and that's exactly how it turned out. Ardley's teams were also slow out the blocks, York City showed our weaknesses two seasons running ( short in midfield ) and again, we were.
    The only two times I've thought we looked good in pre season in the last decade or so were the Munto year and under Martin Allen.

I was sat next to the players who were coming on in the srcond half and Rawlinson was telling a chap we had twenty two players who could be be worthy of a first team.place with no passengers.
    Baldwin especially was physically equal to the thug that Matt Rhead is, good to see.
    Ed Francis has impressed me in the two games I have seen, much more comfortable on the ball, and put in two bone crunching tackles tonight.
    Langstaff was quiet(not his fault), but showed lightning pace and control to win a free kick that would normally have seen the defender sent off.
    Nemane was a right handful in an unfamiliar left wing back role.
    Munakandafa showed good control, pace and awareness as a right winger/wing back.
    Stand out of the youngsters was centre back Mahovo, good in the air, pacey, good distribution and good strength for a young lad. Great hair as well lol.
    Just for ECU, there were a few tasty tackles/challenges going in tonight, which added an edge to the game for the paying spectators 😁

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast