+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: v Sunderland (h) Sat

He is not on a par with O'Hanlon, Jorgensen or Key. Poor guy does have Hinchcliffe as his goalie coach, he who had a say in the signing of Zwick and Szromnik.

[QUOTE=the_arab;40077835]Dont agree tbh. I took the sh1te in training with a pinch of salt as well, and tbh mistakes can happen to any keeper as we seen numerous times with Seigrist in the last 6 months of last season, but removing his 2 errors.

1. He was never looking to start attacks, slowed down everything and resorted to kicking it high to Niskanen/Watt area. The most frustrating one for me was in first half, 2 of their players fell off the park, smith was open down right and we could have broke 3/4 on 4 as the other half of their team was still in box. He decided to hold on to the ball and let their 2 players get up, come back on to the pitch, completely get back in to formation then punt it to Niskanen

Did you watch Big Ben last season? Slowed it down *every time*

2. A couple of times he jumped to collect the ball he didn't look comfortable, one time he was caught under it due to miss timing his jump and actually caught it 2 hands behind his head a bit all whilst being under no pressure

benji brain farted once a game and he was not good at catching a ball

3. he slid out a few times, never looked comfortable, and lost it once which we nearly conceded from

Even the Sunderland fans were mocking him every time he touched it

after an OG like that, any goalie would get mocked. They were doing it to Mulgew too. The OG was mainly Mulgrews fault. Blind passbacks aint good

[QUOTE=moicher;40078173]
    Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    Dont agree tbh. I took the sh1te in training with a pinch of salt as well, and tbh mistakes can happen to any keeper as we seen numerous times with Seigrist in the last 6 months of last season, but removing his 2 errors.

1. He was never looking to start attacks, slowed down everything and resorted to kicking it high to Niskanen/Watt area. The most frustrating one for me was in first half, 2 of their players fell off the park, smith was open down right and we could have broke 3/4 on 4 as the other half of their team was still in box. He decided to hold on to the ball and let their 2 players get up, come back on to the pitch, completely get back in to formation then punt it to Niskanen

Did you watch Big Ben last season? Slowed it down *every time*

2. A couple of times he jumped to collect the ball he didn't look comfortable, one time he was caught under it due to miss timing his jump and actually caught it 2 hands behind his head a bit all whilst being under no pressure

benji brain farted once a game and he was not good at catching a ball

3. he slid out a few times, never looked comfortable, and lost it once which we nearly conceded from

Even the Sunderland fans were mocking him every time he touched it

after an OG like that, any goalie would get mocked. They were doing it to Mulgew too. The OG was mainly Mulgrews fault. Blind passbacks aint good
    Im not getting your points re Benji? They are irrelevant to this keeper but if we have to compare then i said last season Benji was causing us a lot of problems and got shot down for saying it.

Errors aside he still didnt look comfortable imho but each to their own

I was out for a drink at the weekend in the town where I live in Somerset. Because of the new nuclear build at Hinkley Point (just a few miles away) there are a lot of construction workers/contractors residing in town.
    I bumped into a crowd of guys from Sunderland and two of them had traveled to Dundee for the recent friendly. They were unstinting in their praise of the United fans and the people of Dundee. One of them had never been to Scotland before and admitted that he was a bit nervous about any anti-English hostility. They ended up having a great time.
    It made me feel very proud to be an Arab and a Dundonian.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)