+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Salford friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    There’s still time but in reality I can see us struggling in the centreback area and you will see me resurrecting my plea for a defensive coach.
    Yes, but there's got to be someone to coach. We're still a central defender short unless Mr Warne intends to play Odoffin there - which he has tried, hasn't he? -or unless he intends playing a flat back four which I think he has also tried in some of these friendlies for at least part of the match. But I'd still be happier with another centre back signing.

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    Yes, but there's got to be someone to coach. We're still a central defender short unless Mr Warne intends to play Odoffin there - which he has tried, hasn't he? -or unless he intends playing a flat back four which I think he has also tried in some of these friendlies for at least part of the match. But I'd still be happier with another centre back signing.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Warney that he doesn't give young players a chance. Why did Greaves get asked back? No point if he doesn't get some game time in the friendly's!
    You're been a complete dipstick. It's clear they wanted the lad to clear his head and get himself fit. Unfortunately you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

I've heard he's done and won't be offered anything. That's not 100% confirmed. If that's the case, the club will most let him use the facilities while he tries and gets himself fixed up. A shame if true.

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post

The loanees merry go round hasn't even started yet. There's going to be 2 or 3 more players coming in at least.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    You're been a complete dipstick. It's clear they wanted the lad to clear his head and get himself fit. Unfortunately you can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

I've heard he's done and won't be offered anything. That's not 100% confirmed. If that's the case, the club will most let him use the facilities while he tries and gets himself fixed up. A shame if true.

See when it's official. I've only seen him play once he looked to have some scope. I think with players trying to make breakthrough into the 1st team like a player I can't mention they've got to be shown some belief by the management. Hope Hull gets that.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post

“ clear his head” ??

What does that mean ??

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    See when it's official. I've only seen him play once he looked to have some scope. I think with players trying to make breakthrough into the 1st team like a player I can't mention they've got to be shown some belief by the management. Hope Hull gets that.
    Doubt it, whilst the current loan rules apply

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Watched on youtube and accepting it was a friendly the performance was dire all round. We are going to miss Smith bigtime. Hopefully some of those playing tonight are much better than they showed. Warne's opinion will be interesting.
    Ive seen quite a few dire games over last few seasons with Smith in team.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I thought we were awful, Humphrey and the trialist only good thing. We have not used the time well this summer, if we do bring in 5 players they are unlikely to be match fit in 2 weeks, but more importantly the team will not have played together, I suspect a poor start and that will make it very difficult. What are these lessons we learned from previous years, they are not visible. The club were too nice to Smith and icky gave them too long and then we were dumped on, but was that really a shock. Oh and to the coaches we do have, Smith isn't here now stop the long boot everytime, it is awful to watch and even league two sides play better football than us. Our only strength is the mid three, all can play yet we bypass them.

Why won't players brought in not be match fit?
    Any players brought in permanently or on loan will have been training for their parent clubs.
    Some will have done intensive pre-season training.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    DM, last two games he’s played 4 across the back? Maybe to get a good look at the trialist, Humphrey’s and Odoffin in that role.

Thing is I feel he will go with his three at the back and five across the middle, therefore he won’t be bypassing the middle three as you said.

Did show though how weak we really were last night and hoofing it up front with no Smith to take control. Kayode simply not strong enough. Can’t see Eaves either to see if he even looks owt like Smith did. Makes you wonder doesn’t it?
    They've been playing a flat back four every time we've lost possession, that's how it works with the players he has available.
    Chieo will be able to play a more advanced attacking role if PW requires him to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    “ clear his head” ??

What does that mean ??
    Nothing more than decide if you want to be the best you can be. Can you apply yourself and go through the daily grind to maximise your talent.

Half of these lads don’t even enjoy the game. They just happen to be good at it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast