+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any lower league striker that is 31 and 5’9” …

We’re building a proper 3 rd division outfit. Once the outgoing players are confirmed we shall know where we are at.

I suspect mediocre but within the financial Shyte hole Conway left us in.

All will become clear.

Its a waste of time trying to explain it Daft.
    We are skint so this lad Norwood might be from the type of market that we've got to shop in.
    And how much are these younger speedy goalscoring strikers going to cost. What another ludicrous and pointless suggestion. 😴

I remember bottom of table xmas not that long ago if were not far off playoffs wen Jan comes who knows wat will happen am looking forward to it?change me for ever that miracle season; unfortunately finishing 6th then bottom of league also caught my eye
    That's us,av Bern old,new wembly and millennium with had good and bad yrs I'll be happy to keep doing that,forgot prem.

Nope, I din't understand a word of that Rasca kid lol. Was it meant to be taarn speak ?. 😅

Fingers crossed that Norwood is an extra option for up front, and that we've still got plans to sign/sell some.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Nope, I din't understand a word of that Rasca kid lol. Was it meant to be taarn speak ?. 😅

Fingers crossed that Norwood is an extra option for up front, and that we've still got plans to sign/sell some.
    Weve been in prem,I went old wembly, Ipswich, millennium Swansea, new wembly semi of cup, and 2 many games in between to mention, theres clubs bigger than us who have had it poorer.apart frm being embarrassed last year you have to say for a small town weve had some good seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Weve been in prem,I went old wembly, Ipswich, millennium Swansea, new wembly semi of cup, and 2 many games in between to mention, theres clubs bigger than us who have had it poorer.apart frm being embarrassed last year you have to say for a small town weve had some good seasons.
    We ain’t a small town - about 240,000 people in the district - and if you add to that the places that see Barnsley as their local town - eg Brampton, West Melton, Denby Dale, Hemsworth, South Kirkby etc etc then the population goes over 300,000.
    Easily capable of getting 25 to 30 thousand supporters at Oakwell if the club is doing well.

Who said we were skint ???
    None of the board members have said that.
    What the club has actually said is that the club is trying to be more or less self sufficient - so with losses of £8 million due to relegation then there has to be some selling of players.
    But a key part of that - and an indication of where the club is - is that the club has said no player will be sold if the asking price is not met.
    That to me does not indicate the club is skint.

Who said or suggested young speedy strikers cost £££millions ???
    We can acquire good strikers without costing £££millions.
    Our best striker over recent years (Morris) cost just £300K.
    Another good striker cost nowt only wages because he came in on loan (Dike).

Why the doubt that we will just be mediocre this season ???
    The board of directors is much stronger this season.
    The recruitment of the coaching staff has been excellent.
    The recruitment of players seems to be going really well.
    So all in all - although I’m expecting a slow start - by the end of the season I’m expecting at least top 6.

So why all the negativity !?!?!
    Is it the culture of the club to be naturally miserable?
    Or it just certain individuals on here that choose to be miserable?
    Let’s be a bit more upbeat for heavens sake.

Exciting times ahead.

The Board don't need to tell us we are skint.

A glance at the Official Published Accounts analysed by credible accountants tells us that. Plus a glance at last Season's final Championship Table tells us how much income we have lost.

Only the deluded are upbeat abart the present financial situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    We ain’t a small town - about 240,000 people in the district - and if you add to that the places that see Barnsley as their local town - eg Brampton, West Melton, Denby Dale, Hemsworth, South Kirkby etc etc then the population goes over 300,000.
    Easily capable of getting 25 to 30 thousand supporters at Oakwell if the club is doing well.

Who said we were skint ???
    None of the board members have said that.
    What the club has actually said is that the club is trying to be more or less self sufficient - so with losses of £8 million due to relegation then there has to be some selling of players.
    But a key part of that - and an indication of where the club is - is that the club has said no player will be sold if the asking price is not met.
    That to me does not indicate the club is skint.

Who said or suggested young speedy strikers cost £££millions ???
    We can acquire good strikers without costing £££millions.
    Our best striker over recent years (Morris) cost just £300K.
    Another good striker cost nowt only wages because he came in on loan (Dike).

Why the doubt that we will just be mediocre this season ???
    The board of directors is much stronger this season.
    The recruitment of the coaching staff has been excellent.
    The recruitment of players seems to be going really well.
    So all in all - although I’m expecting a slow start - by the end of the season I’m expecting at least top 6.

So why all the negativity !?!?!
    Is it the culture of the club to be naturally miserable?
    Or it just certain individuals on here that choose to be miserable?
    Let’s be a bit more upbeat for heavens sake.

Exciting times ahead.
    It's called realism .

I’m old enough (like many on here) to remember events at the club when we were really skint.

Typical example are times like the following ….
    I didn’t know Eric Winstanley - but I did get a couple of opportunities to sit down and have a drink with him.
    Nice fella.
    On one occasion I said this to him - what the hell were Barnsley Directors thinking about selling David Hirst for just a paltry £250 K.
    He said this - we had to - we were absolutely penniless at that time.
    IMO - the circumstances back then - are different to what the club finds itself in now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12