+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any lower league striker that is 31 and 5’9” …

Any lower league striker that is 31 and 5’9” …

……. I’d say no.
    Norwood from Ipswich.
    Can’t imagine him bringing anything different to the table than what either Vic or Leya are able to do.

IMO we need one maybe two speedy young strikers.
    And of course 2 big - 6’2” ++ target man type strikers.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 14-07-2022 at 02:25 PM.

There is only one reason I can see that is the difference between Them? Norwood can score goals, Vic and Leya don't!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    There is only one reason I can see that is the difference between Them? Norwood can score goals, Vic and Leya don't!
    I’ve no confidence in Vic and little confidence in Leya.
    But in their defence - these players have been playing at a higher league club that’s been on a rollercoaster ride.

I understand what you are saying mate and Norwood wouldn’t be my choice either.
    However Vic has been tried in the lower leagues and was just as bad! So Norwood would be a better option than him? Although I would hope we could find better, but given the finances he may be the best we can get or afford? Leya on the other hand may be much better in League One so he does deserve a run?
    Personally it looks like young Jalo may get a first team shirt this season at 16 years old? He seems to be highly thought of and knows where the goal is.
    Reports suggest a few clubs are watching him, so to keep him here, they may have to start putting him on the bench and let him have a few first team minutes?

Not my first choice I must admit. I think we should be looking for young, up and coming players not older, already been there kind of players. Although he seems better than Vic or Cole, the jury is out on Iseka in this league, as he can find the net on occasions, he isn't the prolific striker we're needing. He does bring experience though and may be the calming head in a young squad.
    I trust Duff and think anyone he brings in will be capable of doing a job for us.

He's better than owt we currently have ,

James Collins ( recently signed for Derby ) could have been a better option ?, he would have been my choice , whoever we get , good luck to them ,

He is actually 5ft 11 tall. Scored 183 goals in 504 games. We cannot cherry pick the better players due to financial constraints. All the signings we have made under Duff have been free transfers and i am more than happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    ……. I’d say no.
    Norwood from Ipswich.
    Can’t imagine him bringing anything different to the table than what either Vic or Leya are able to do.

Erm. Goal scoring?!

Are you and Higgy from BBS one and the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    ……. I’d say no.
    Norwood from Ipswich.

were the heck we gonna get that sort of cash? Speed and power costs. 2m for an average striker...which i do believe would break all our records...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast