+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Disgards that we need to keep hold of

Disgards that we need to keep hold of

Talk about Thomas to Bristol Rovers.
    In no way would I let him go to Bristol - as we are unlikely to get the £1 million plus we paid for him.
    There is a player in Thomas that can come good.
    This also applies to:
    Cole
    Benson
    Odour

And also Appo - who they have allowed to leave.
    Opposite applies to Kane - as most supporters wanted him to stay.
    But again - there is a footballer there.

We shouldn’t be contemplating getting rid of our young players - just because they had a bad season - during what was a disastrous season for the whole club.

Thomas might want to go to Bristol Rovers .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Thomas might want to go to Bristol Rovers .
    If he wants to - that’s fine.
    But IMO the club needs to be explaining to him that he is wanted here - and if he does go then he needs to be finding a club that can come near to compensating for the initial outlay.

When he played for Derby I thought he wer a reyt player - obviously something went amiss in his heead - but he’s only a young fella - and who’s heead didn’t go amiss in their early 20s?
    I know mine did - big style!
    In no way could I have been a professional at doing anything in my early 20s.
    Pots for rags.
    I’m a bit older nar - but I know I’m still not reyt 😂

Young uns today - generally they are far more serious than what we used to be.

This is Cole's second bite of the cherry here. If there's a player in there it won't be found while he's at Barnsley. I cannot for the life of me think why we brought him back. Thomas I'd keep unless he wants away and probably Benson too.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    But IMO the club needs to be explaining to him that he is wanted here - and if he does go then he needs to be finding a club that can come near to compensating for the initial outlay.

When he played for Derby I thought he wer a reyt player - obviously something went amiss in his heead - but he’s only a young fella - and who’s heead didn’t go amiss in their early 20s?
    Pots for rags.
    I’m a bit older nar - but I know I’m still not reyt ��

Wiv all no idea abart Thomas's alleged depression, mild, moderate or severe. Could be a personal issue that triggered something, could be a failure to relate to the shouty, aggressive coaching style of Ismael and a feeling of not being rated by him, could be anything.
    As with Schmidt and some others we will get back nowhere near the £1.2 million we paid for him. Anything from Bristol Rovers ---an undisclosed £200K ?-- would be a bonus and his wages would be off the payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post

Pots for rags.
    I’m a bit older nar - but I know I’m still not reyt ��

Derby had our pants down with Thomas , they loaned him out & sold him to the first mugs that stumped up a £million plus for potential , he has pace & that is about it , he is a winger who never takes on a full back , his decision making is poor & he is like a rabbit in the headlights when he gets the chance to shoot & after finding out he was way out of his depths with the championship he could not wait to hold up the Ipswich shirt saying that he hoped it would be permanent, well that went well & then he dropped to division 2 & ended up with a public bashing from his manager before eventually getting a run in the bottom league , not a great 3 seasons & he clearly does not want to play for us so in my opinion get rid

Its a shame because I agree with the potential in Thomas, but for various reasons its not been tapped into.
    And what a complete hasselhole Barton is for publicly slagging him off. I hope he knows what hes letting himself in for if he joins Bristol Rovs.

Disgards we need to keep hold of?

Contradiction.