+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vs Bournemouth

Vs Bournemouth

Martinez
    Cash Carlos Mings Digne
    Mginn Kamara Ramsey
    Courtinho
    ? Watkins

I guess the ? spot is a toss up between Ings Buendier and Bailey

Well who knows, we may have a couple in by this game or a few out but as it stands Luiz for JJ and Buendia up front?

Well a bit of time has passed since this post and a only a few surprises really.
    Mginn captain so the question will be Luiz or Ramsey and who will partner Carlos at center back.
    Bailey seemes nailed on to start up front with Watkins and Courtinho after an impressive pre season.
    Must win today against probably the weakest team in the league.

Buendier and Bailey both deserve starts as does Chambers. Regardless of who starts the quality of our bench has really improved.

I agree about Buendier but would Gerrard drop Courtinho for him? Or is there a way of getting all 3 in the team?

I also agree about the bench and i too dont really mind who the 1st 11 is with no real weak links. I do hope Bailey start but only because hes in my fpl team. Bailey and Courtinho often come off early and we have good replacements. This is probably the strongest team we have had since the MON eara.

Bailey? I haven't rated him before this pre-season. But credit to him, he's been on fire. He still doesn't track his man all the way back though. . It will be a new trick, to teach the auld dog. I live in hope.

Ings over Ollie, Mings (just) over Chambers, and I'd prefer to see Buendia start over Coutinho, especially away from home.

Brilliant to be able to have so many quality options in the squad, makes discussions over team selection all the more enjoyable.

Here it is.

Em1

Cash
    Konsa
    Carlos
    Digne

McGinn
    Kamara
    Ramsey

Coutinho
    Ings
    Bailey

Subs.

Olsen
    Chambers
    Mings
    Augustinsson
    Young
    Luiz
    Buendia
    Watkins
    Archer
    Last edited by Exiledvillan; 06-08-2022 at 01:10 PM.

The only surprise is Ings for Watkins.

Well that was a crap half. Get Oli on!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)