+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vs Bournemouth

To be fair it was probably the best ive seen us play this season.

It just looks stale, OSV, which I find surprising, considering the short amount of time that the manager has been in place. Lack of football intelligence, ball retention, and fighting spirit, are all there to see.

Now I know that we’ve been giving the ball away for years, certainly since John Gregory (2002). We’ve also lacked courage on the ball in that time. The only successful sides that we’ve had in those last 20 years have been counter-attacking sides. No taking the initiative, no real invention, no ‘over my dead body'!!!

So what to do?

This crop does need to be given a little more time, well the new players anyway. The ones that are poor now, have been poor for quite a while and will be poor in the future. No time for sentiment, sh1t or get off the pot.

Time also for the manager to earn his crust as a boss. His playing CV may attract a few decent players, but he now needs to rely on his coaching skills/delegating skills to succeed here.

You are right in inferring that the manager is fluffing his lines, and has done so since October. But I do, however, believe that he will win the day, eventually. Just hope it's sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Exiledvillan; 07-08-2022 at 08:07 AM.

I just want to know 1. Why were the players not up for this game?
    2. How can a team fresh from the championhip outplay, out battle us with a squad thrown together because of a lack of money, make us look like mugs?

There simply is no excuse!

Throwing players on at the end smacked of desperation. Time to put this to bed, a win and a performance is required v Everton or the Vultures will be appearing overhead!

Why indeed TD - should be straight out the traps first game of the season, instead of that tepid boll-ocks. Only positives for me were Buendia and Kamara, both showed a bit of quality sadly lacking anywhere else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)