+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nowhere near enough signings

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    If we don't have European football next year, the likes of Bruno will leave. The top 4 are untouchable, and with Arsenal and West Ham strengthening, its going to be incredibly tough.
    This from Bruno's mouth just yesterday.

"Bruno Guimaraes is convinced that one day he will be lining up at St James' Park with the Champions League music ringing around St James' Park."
    "Of course, we dream of the Champions League but I tell you it is step by step and we don't need to put pressure on ourselves. "Today is only the beginning and the Premier League is the most difficult competition in the world so we need to stay calm, and eventually step by step we can arrive there."

I think he's here for the long haul mate. ��

I have a problem with other people infringing on peoples rights based on subjective whim. Its the same mentality dictators have.

"I think this is a good idea, therefore that person's rights can get lost"

The end always justifies the means with that mentality. It can be used to justify anything.

Its gross and i've got no time for it.

Nice one for bringing it up again.
    Well it’s nice to see you explaining your view instead of insulting people you don’t know for not agreeing with you.
    I don’t agree and am happy for all Russian nationals to be banned from all international events. The Russians are very like the Ukrainians. Putin will only respond to force and threat. They think differently to Europeans e.g. Putin’s last election campaign was heavily angled towards telling the electorate to vote for him otherwise there would be gay politicians. This is positively the polar opposite way of thinking to many European countries.
    It’s a case of meeting fire with fire and not showing any leniency. If we expect him to respond to what we would, we are f*cked and I wouldn’t be afraid of not insulting Putin in case he uses nuclear weapons, because he’s capable of using them whatever we do.

What’s the problem with bringing it up again? (unless you’re regretting something).

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Well it’s nice to see you explaining your view instead of insulting people you don’t know for not agreeing with you.
    I don’t agree and am happy for all Russian nationals to be banned from all international events. The Russians are very like the Ukrainians. Putin will only respond to force and threat. They think differently to Europeans e.g. Putin’s last election campaign was heavily angled towards telling the electorate to vote for him otherwise there would be gay politicians. This is positively the polar opposite way of thinking to many European countries.
    It’s a case of meeting fire with fire and not showing any leniency. If we expect him to respond to what we would, we are f*cked and I wouldn’t be afraid of not insulting Putin in case he uses nuclear weapons, because he’s capable of using them whatever we do.

What’s the problem with bringing it up again? (unless you’re regretting something).
    Its a sad day when our enemies make us give up on one of they key things that make us who we are. Individual rights, not treating people based on immutable characteristics etc. You said it yourself, they think like that, not us.

You are talking like a tennis tournament is a key strategic element to the whole conflict.

I regret flying off the handle in a football forum yes!
    I was surprised people still had such views in a liberal democracy, but then after the apparent public backing for lockdowns, i guess i should have known better.

I'll try not to mention politics on here in future....

There's absolutely no need for you to avoid politics.

The whole point of a liberal democracy is to express your views without fear of sanction or repercussions. But, that being said, folk should be able to have differing views without someone abusing them for thinking differently.

Freedom of speech shouldn't mean freedom to say whatever you like (and I don't care if that's an oxymoron-freedom of speech and individual rights come with responsibility)

So any topic is fine as long as you can be civil about it.

Its a sad day when our enemies make us give up on one of they key things that make us who we are. Individual rights, not treating people based on immutable characteristics etc. You said it yourself, they think like that, not us.

You are talking like a tennis tournament is a key strategic element to the whole conflict.

I was surprised people still had such views in a liberal democracy, but then after the apparent public backing for lockdowns, i guess i should have known better.

Reckon on here mate, we are a fairly open minded bunch with differing views on many things. We accept this and it is never a problem - debates can get heated. The problem only comes when it gets abusive.

On the subject, I hear where you are coming from but didn't a Russian born athelete win the womens?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    There's absolutely no need for you to avoid politics.

The whole point of a liberal democracy is to express your views without fear of sanction or repercussions. But, that being said, folk should be able to have differing views without someone abusing them for thinking differently.
    That’s a bit of an extreme statement.
    Like in a liberal democracy I can’t say that women can’t vote. Well, I can, but it won’t be welcomed because it contradicts with what democracy is all about.
    Or, for example, I can’t say that folks with different skin colour should have seats at the back of the bus. Or some nationality should have less rights than the other… or I can?

Just as an observation (and not meant as a negative criticism), there is an underlying theme to your threads that you think you are right and everyone else is wrong.
    This is the reason the USA often is labelled as arrogant by many countries (“what do you mean they don’t want Coca-cola, McDonalds and democracy. Everyone loves Coca-cola, McDonald’s and democracy!!”.
    Well, actually, they don’t).
    It’s fine to hold opinions on how things should be in your own culture but be careful when telling other cultures as old or older than ours that they are wrong. They are different, yes, but it’s complicated to apply values you hold (that they don’t) when an expressing an opinion on theirs.

Anyway, back to the footie.
    Last edited by toptoon; 16-07-2022 at 08:14 PM.

Been away for a few weeks
    What the hell has been going on
    Let’s ALL look forward to the new season first time in 16 years that I can say that
    We have a good team and it will improve but as it’s been said it will that time
    We have great owners who will invest just look back the the winter and see who they got in
    PLEASE BE TOGETHER

Quote Originally Posted by Marat18 View Post
    That’s a bit of an extreme statement.
    Like in a liberal democracy I can’t say that women can’t vote. Well, I can, but it won’t be welcomed because it contradicts with what democracy is all about.
    Or, for example, I can’t say that folks with different skin colour should have seats at the back of the bus. Or some nationality should have less rights than the other… or I can?
    Common sense and tollerence has a big part to play.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Common sense and tollerence has a big part to play.
    You hit the nail on the head there, Par.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)