+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sevilla interest

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I see by the resurrection of an old thread that's what I said.
    Good god imagine saying something negative at the start of a season when we just sold our only source of goals at the time and come off the back of a serious slump in form.
    I should of been dancing with joy shouldn't I?
    While whistling a happy tune.
    No, its just worth remembering what was said last summer. You thought we would go down, hated Mowbray and wanted him out.
    We finished 8th after you said they would go down. But you weren't happy with 8th.
    Mowbray has gone. But you don't seem overly happy or willing to give the manager and new structure a chance.
    So where does that leave Rovers? On a loser before a ball has been kicked.
    And even if we manage to finish at the other end of the table for once its still not good enough.
    It doesn't always have to be impending doom, we may like last year actually go on and have a good season overall.
    But then like I keep wondering, unless we achieve something completely unrealistic it will be deemed a massive failure every pre-season anyway. I just feel they can't win either way, and like I say, if I was that decent manager I would be choosing another club. As its either achieve an massively unreal expectation or go.
    The be solution is not to financially cripple and risk the whole clubs future to over-spend in this current economy. They may spend a little of the £20m brought in by the sale of our only good saleable asset. Who won't get one single offer of £20m because clubs simply won't risk that. So that will not be happening.
    But then we were convinced we would go down last season because Armstrong left. Yet we actually got much better as a side.
    Maybe we know nothing and just make endless poor predictions, and we can hold up our hands and acknowledge that from time to time. Because generally speaking, we are often completely incorrect.
    I feel the fact Rothwell in particular leaving makes us better. Because Buckley is a far far better player. While I didnt mind TM, he didnt have a clue what to do with him. A decent manager will. I bet JDT knows what to do with him. And sorry but Lenihan was someone you said almost every week was not good enough. As you cant have said TM still hasn't sorted the defence out after 5 years which he was a part of 99% of the time. He was a huge reason we under-performed for so long. Rothwell was a waste of space.
    But I see them leaving as a positive. One is replaced by a far better player. The other will be replaced by a loan player. In the past 4/5 season the very very best loan players have come to this club. Tosin, Harvey Elliott, Van Hecke. So while its very easy to be negative, its also worth remembering what we get right in a way of balancing up a view-point. We have been getting loans right for a very long time.
    Our over-all transfer business has been decent for years. But yet Venkys still get questioned. people say ..yes I know we are £200m and quickly move on to make their point. Don't. Stay on the £200m debt. And go no further.
    Last edited by champs95; 18-07-2022 at 06:57 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)